Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Final Thoughts on the John Heald Blogger's Cruise '08

Bloggers Cruise- It’s the People Silly!

It’s the people silly! Or, it’s the silly people? Now that the Blogger’s Cruise has ended, and I’ve had a night’s sleep to reflect, if it wasn’t obvious before, it certainly is now. The entire Blogger’s Cruise is about the people. The ship was of little consequence; it could have been any ship. The itinerary was of little consequence; it could have been anywhere. This one was about the PEOPLE!

It was about John and Heidi, and all the lives they’ve so obviously have touched over the years; It was about Robert and Suzann who’ve cruised with John 40 times, and it was about me who first cruised with John in ’96, and then shortly after the “911 attacks? when we had a scheduled Test Your Sanity Group Cruise, and everyone who made it to the ship was still in shock, and John was so amazing, in his own way, giving everyone present permission to have fun again; to smile again.

It was about Big ED who reading John’s Blog got involved, and began his own blog to run parallel to John’s for those booking the Bloggers group cruise, to talk and plan. It was about Roberto devoting so much of his energy to organize, then having to leave mid-cruise. It was about Stephanie, picking up and doing double duty after Roberto left. It was about the fun meeting new CruiseMates for the first time, and seeing old friends again. It was about the staff truly doing their utmost to help passengers have a good time.

It was really about connecting people; People of all ages, sizes, backgrounds, and nationalities connecting with each other, and being nice to each other, and having fun together and with strangers.

Living at a time when the earth has become such a globally attached world can oddly contribute to people being isolated, and unconnected.

I’ve been connecting with people (cruiser’s specifically) on the Internet for 12 years now. We’ve become dear friends with people I might not have even had a conversation with, if we were sitting next to one and other in a land based restaurant, or commuting home sitting next to each other.

The amazing world of the Internet gives people who may be house bound the opportunity to touch and communicate with others. It allows cruisers to share their excitement before their cruises, and write reviews expressing their opinions on their return, because people read them, and it makes their opinions really count.

Now we have blogging, and John’s Blog Thingy has grown to entertain and inform so many. But just as importantly it has also become a community, where the members speak to each other. It’s no longer just a lecture or expose of life at sea by John and Heidi. It’s a bit of a twist in my mind that on message boards topics are called threads. Because I think all of this relates to the threads that join us to each other through John’s Blog, through CruiseMates, and other Internet sites.

The Blogger’s Cruise clearly demonstrated that despite small issues which may have occurred and bothered some people, overall there was a rather magical atmosphere onboard that turned out to be all about being connected with other cruisers… other people!

And any event of any nature that connects people that way has to be judged an enormous success. I’m delighted that I was able to play a part, and delighted to connect with so many new people myself. Hope you’ve enjoyed reading about the past 7 days from my sometimes “Kuki? view point. And hope we can all keep connecting on future CruiseMates Group Cruises, and on future Blogger’s cruises.
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Beginner

Thanks Kuki for the very nice words, I remember the cruise in 1996 with you and john that year. Then the cruise in 2001 after the “911 attacks? how could we every forget the Test Your Sanity Group Cruise and now the bloggers cruise all three of them were great stuff, what else can we say but thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being involved with the john heald era

Robert and Suzann
Old January 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I think everyone who has followed these blogs, sensed the "FUN" that everyone was having with John Heidi, and you! I totally agree with you, that it's the people that make the cruise what it is, regardless of the ship or itinerary.

The enthusiasm is already building, and the year ahead will be filled with chatter for all the fun, pre cruise and post cruise too! I feel this can be "almost" as fun as the cruise...meeting and chatting, just builds, and when you all do meet, it's that much sweeter:)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 1st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on this sailing with a group from Montreal. And we didn't see no Cruisemates. I looked.
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to carolincanada Send a message via MSN to carolincanada
Default John Heald

Hello: Just got back from my first cruise on Sunday. I have to say everything about Carnival was more than I expected. I attended a show by John Heald, and I have to say I never laughed so much. It was hilarious...was all about ""Mary"". This kind of entertainment is what makes the cruise worth while. I met some people from the cruisemates group and had a wonderful time with them. I met a lot of new people with wonderful histories and lots of cruise stories. I do believe I am thinking about my next one.
Just thought you'd like to hear....have a great day
Carol
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by boSeaphus
I was on this sailing with a group from Montreal. And we didn't see no Cruisemates. I looked.
Sorry we didn't meet. But I am curious... how do CruiseMates look? I really don't have antlers
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Kuki: You Cruisemates are looking just fine indeed. The couple we met with were great people. Loved everything about our cruise and John Heald. Although we already had purchased our cruise before I found out about Cruisemates.com, I still followed all the advise and stories. It gave us a great headsup.
One question Kuki, if I purchase another cruise, through Cruisemates, do you offer suites with balconies. I don't know that I would want to give up the luxury? Also, how does one go about joining Cruisemates or is it just if you purchase a cruise through you....We live in Ontario
Carol
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
One question Kuki, if I purchase another cruise, through Cruisemates, do you offer suites with balconies. I don't know that I would want to give up the luxury? Also, how does one go about joining Cruisemates or is it just if you purchase a cruise through you....We live in Ontario
Hi Carol.
We (CruiseMates) don't sell anything. We do put together group cruises, and find the very best deals we can, and let travel agents handle the group bookings for us.

You can check out the currently listed CruiseMates Group Cruises with the link below.... and yes we normally have all cabin categories in our group space.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/CMcruise
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Kuki: I got a hold of the link you left and Nancy, a cruise planner, is getting me the info I requested. Thanks for your help.
Have a great day.
Carol
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolincanada
Hi Kuki: I got a hold of the link you left and Nancy, a cruise planner, is getting me the info I requested. Thanks for your help.
Have a great day.
Carol
GREAT! Hope to see you on a cruise soon!
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks Kuki: I appreciate the sentiment....you just never know
Carol