CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/345763-josh-big-sexy-waitzman.html)

ara0926 January 30th, 2008 03:39 PM

Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman

Does anyone know if Josh (aka Big Sexy) has been promoted to a Cruse Director yet? I know he was w/ Jorge Solano for a while but based on the Blog by John Heald, Jorge has a new Right hand man!

Just curious!

Love me some Josh!

Ashley

skymaster January 30th, 2008 03:55 PM

We sailed with "Big Sexy" late last year, and he was still second banana. I think that was the "Miracle". He was excellent, and does deserve to be a CD.

Ken
"Sky"

Joe323 January 30th, 2008 04:50 PM

He annouced on my September Miracle Cruise that was to become a cruise director sometime this but I do not remeber if he said what ship.

ara0926 January 30th, 2008 05:06 PM

Here's to hoping he is on the Inspiration! :D

Actually I am pretty sure that he isn't but it WOULD be a nice surprise!

misguidedangel January 30th, 2008 09:11 PM

I did like him too. He was on the Victory with Jorge (along with Ian, Dale, and TJ). I tohught all of them were good. Ian was the freshest face, only his second week onboard. I wonder what happened to him if he stayed on or if we went back to being a funeral director (He certainly had no problem with not having enough dress clothes being a funeral director!).

I hope the CD and staff on the Conquest are entertaining.....I do want to win me another ship on a stick!!!!

LoveMeBaby February 24th, 2012 12:34 AM

Hey, so I created an account just to reply!
I just got off the Carnival Glory on Sunday, and BIG SEEEEXY was on it! He's hilarious! I just wanted to say he is now Cruise Director! He's just amazing, and he does a mean Dolly Parton impression!
I LOVE YOU BIG SEXY! <3

Phil&Liz February 24th, 2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMeBaby (Post 1417208)
Hey, so I created an account just to reply!
I just got off the Carnival Glory on Sunday, and BIG SEEEEXY was on it! He's hilarious! I just wanted to say he is now Cruise Director! He's just amazing, and he does a mean Dolly Parton impression!
I LOVE YOU BIG SEXY! <3

LOL Part of me wants to believe this is Josh posting !!

Jorge retired, then returned for a bit. Not sure if he stayed on.

skymaster February 27th, 2012 09:02 AM

I've sailed with "Big Sexy" a couple of times when he was CD. LOVE him, and find him to be extremely entertaining, and very open and available to the passengers. IMO, he's a refreshing departure from some of the "self centered" CD's that are now sailing with most of the lines!

"SKY"

MisterG April 7th, 2013 11:33 AM

I've been on two cruises with Josh and he's definitely entertaining. I recently wrote a Josh Waitzman Review for those who have an upcoming cruise with him and want to know what they're getting themselves into.

The only downside to having Josh as the cruise director on two separate cruises was that his routine is very much scripted. The first time everything seems natural and on the spot, but the second time you go on a cruise with him, you'll notice that the jokes and many of his lines are identical.

Does anyone know which ship Josh is currently on?

skymaster April 7th, 2013 12:42 PM

According to the schedule, Josh is aboard "Glory", but will be on vacation 4/28 to 5/12.

"SKY"

Phil&Liz April 10th, 2013 09:40 PM

For those who FB, he is there.