Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Default Who has done the "Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe" in

Has anyone done this specific excursion? If so, please tell me about your experience with it as it's my 1st choice so far for my June cruise. Was the food at the included buffet good? What sort of things did they serve? Were any alcoholic drinks included? Were beach umbrellas provided for free? I pretty much plan to relax on a lounge chair with a protective umbrella, a tropical drinkin my hand, and my feet dangling in the ocean.
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Admiral

We went to Playa Mia but did not book the excursion, we took a taxi there and just paid the entrance fee. The beach was o.k., they had long lines of those terribly uncomfortable plastic molded lounge chairs set up right next to each other and after the crowds came, it was a challenge to navigate around them to get to the water. We had to roll out of those chairs onto our knees to stand up. The water was clear and clean when we were there, they have a Tiki bar on the beach and a small fresh water pool. I believe there was an extra charge for an umbrella and we had to turn in our Sail & Sign card until we returned the umbrella (didn't like this at all). The dining pavilion is very large and lots of people were enjoying the buffet, BUT, you can also order off their menu. I don't eat off the ship anywhere but my grandson ordered some chicken fingers.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Familiar Face

Good topic. I'm booked for that excursion in March. I will let you know what I thought of it. It said open bar so should be plenty to drink.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Familiar Face

I want to know TOO! We are booked for it in April!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Passenger

Went last month. I didn't get the deluxe because I don't eat or drink alot. Did buy some nachos and they were good. It's a nice place, BUT if your wanting to lay around on the beach forget it, the lounge chairs are horrible. We finally left because of them. I hate that cause I really liked the place. If they replace the chairs I'll go back.
Paradise Beach is a good place to go, we'll go back there next time. Also Chankanaab Park and beach is real nice and has a lot to do.
Carnival Holiday 1-2008
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Admiral

thanks for the heads up about the lounge chairs- I actually booked the excursion so I'm going anyway. uncomfortable lounge chairs won'tmake or break it for me. I plan to be mostly walking up and down looking for seashells and taking photos - if it's that bad, I"ll put the ship's towel down and lie or sit on the sand.

was the resort's pool very crowded or are most people at the beach? It is a long walk from the pool to the beach or is it pretty close?

do they have waiters who will come and bring you your free drinks while you are lying on the beach?

if the umbrellas for shade were not included in the excursion, how much did they cost?
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Passenger

I ended up on the towel. I don't remember many shells but I brought back some neat sea rocks.
The pool wasn't crowded and wasn't far from the beach chairs.
They have waiters.
Didn't need umbrellas.
The ocean was a bit chilly, but there were people going in.
At the entrance there were some nice shops, I like shopping!
It is a nice place and you will enjoy it. They only down fall was the chairs. They also have a clean restroom. And I noticed they have lockers, don't know if your supposed to take your own lock or not.
Carnival Holiday 1-2008