Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Sensation: transportation to/from MCO

We're sailing on Carnival Sensation on 2/28/08. This isn't our first cruise, but it is the first time we didn't make all of the arrangements through a cruise agent (my wife won the cruise on a radio contest). We're in the process of getting information about transportation from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral. So far, the cheapest I've found is $48.00 per person round trip (which isn't bad) on a shuttle service. However, if there's anyone going on this cruise that's made arrangements to rent a car and would like someone to share the cost with, and it would work out to be $50.00 (or less) per person, please let us know right away. I do have an ulterior motive. We're Pepsi drinkers. Unfortunately, Carnival only has Coke. I'd like to be able to stop somewhere on the way to the ship and get some Pepsi, even if it's only a 2 liter. (I could pack some in our baggage if I can figure out a way to keep it from leaking.) Anyway, thanks for reading this, and if we can share a ride with some other Pepsi lovers, please e-mail me at rtallen2@sbcglobal.net.
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Familiar Face

Sailing on the Sensation 2/17. We are traveling by car. Wish I could help. Thats not a bad price for the round trip shuttle. Maybe you could purchase pepsi at the airport before you leave. The pepsi should be ok, just put them in a carry on bag that way you know its not being thrown around.

Old February 4th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Familiar Face

RTALLEN, play it safe and take the shuttle. Theres alot of cazy people in this world....

Old February 4th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I agree, best bet, use the shuttle or Carnival's transfers. Its a good 45 minute ride to the port fromt he airport.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Admiral

yeah, this way you can get some pepsi from one of the shops in the Orlando airport, take with you on the shutle, relax and enjoy the ride!

my son and I took the shuttle although after the Sensation cruise, we rented a car in Port Canaveral and drove to the Kennedy space Center, then returned the car in Orlando, where we stated over night before flying home to Chicago the following day
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
First Mate

Try Around the Clock shuttle service. They are very friendly and the price is great! If you need to adjust your pick-up times they are glad to change them.

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION
Old February 17th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Where can you find information regarding shuttle services? It seems this is a cheaper way to get to Port Canaveral from MCO than taking a taxi.
Old February 17th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can check Super Shuttle and get prices. I'd also check with the cruiseline and see what they want for transfers.

Message Boards Moderator