CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   does Fascination tender in Cozumel? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/346344-does-fascination-tender-cozumel.html)

Michelle1959 February 8th, 2008 08:59 PM

does Fascination tender in Cozumel?

never tendered before so I'm not sure how it works. .... Since we dock at 1:00 p.m. and I have a 2:00 Carnival excursion, will I be able to get a tender first? should I go to the place we debark/get the tender at 1:00?

also, are tenders riding in roudh waters? Just to be safe, I will take a dramamine an hour before catching the tender - ot should I take it earlier?

I nearly (but didn't) heave on the glass bottom boat ride in the bahamas and didn't take anything...

thanks!

CruizinPMP February 8th, 2008 09:19 PM

I cannot guarantee things since I was not on the Fascination, I was on the Legend on 1/20. Hopefully you will not have to tender at all. Cozumel has a number of docks available. If you do, I don't think you should have too much trouble. It doesn't look like it is that long of a tender ride to the dock. You should be okay. Your excursion ticket should instruct you on where to report to at what time. You should be fine.

ready2gonow February 8th, 2008 11:44 PM

While I was in Cozumel on my last cruise, there were 5 ships in port. The 2 Royal Caribbean ships were at 1 pier, 2 Carnival ships were at a 2nd pier, and 1 ship had to tender. Check CruiseCal.com to see how many ships will be in port when you are there. That may give you so idea as to how busy the port will be when you are there. Tendering is very easy, and it is a very short distance in Cozumel.

Snoozeman February 9th, 2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2gonow
While I was in Cozumel on my last cruise, there were 5 ships in port. The 2 Royal Caribbean ships were at 1 pier, 2 Carnival ships were at a 2nd pier, and 1 ship had to tender. Check CruiseCal.com to see how many ships will be in port when you are there. That may give you so idea as to how busy the port will be when you are there. Tendering is very easy, and it is a very short distance in Cozumel.

Did the same the following week as well.

Michelle: Odds are that you will not tender, but by chance you do, it is an easy process in Cozumel.

mehawk February 9th, 2008 01:10 PM

Besides... it's an adventure! :D

Michelle1959 February 9th, 2008 07:00 PM

thanks everyone, knowing that if I have to tender, it will be a short ride, is good to know.

Johnathan February 10th, 2008 10:35 AM

When I was on Freedom in Nov, we docked right across from Fascination with about 4 other ships tendered. Really, as has already been said, it depends how many ships come in. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but if you tender don't let it damper you day. You're still in Cozumel, after-all!