Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Captain

Default Any new news on the new Houston Cruise Terminal?????

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about when the new Houston Cruise Port Terminal will open. Also, have any cruise lines signed on with them. I can't wait for it to open. I would really love to have some new options going out of Texas. I wish Carnival going out of Galveston would change up the itineraries more often.

Libragirl
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM
First Mate

I would like to know about the Houston Terminal as well. We need more options from Texas!

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old February 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Admiral

As I posted on another thread, there are no committments from any of the cruise lines to go there yet. It won't open until then.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
As I posted on another thread, there are no committments from any of the cruise lines to go there yet. It won't open until then.
After spending 81 million dollars on it, it will be a real shame if no cruiselines use it!!!

Libragirl
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libragirl
Quote:
After spending 81 million dollars on it, it will be a real shame if no cruiselines use it!!!

Libragirl
Thats for sure we need more cruiselines in Texas so we to can enjoy lower prices and I know I would be cruiseing more much more .
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old February 10th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:

Libragirl
The port in Galveston is almost always cheaper but on top of that if you were a cruise line why would you use Houston. You get stuck in a lot of heavy traffic in Galveston Bay and as you leave the Bay you cruise right buy the Galveston Port. Just doesn't seem to add much benifit to the cruise lines.

Now if I was going to cruise at another port in Texas I would have think Corpus Crhisti would be and option you could get the San Antonio crowd. But Galveston is really the best option for cruising out of Texas
Old February 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Captain

Kevin,

I, too, would love to have a cruise port in Corpus Christi, Texas. From what I understand, the port in Ingleside is deep and could be used. I have heard that Corpus would love to have a port, but it doesn't seem likely to happen.

Libragirl
Old February 11th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Kevin,

I, too, would love to have a cruise port in Corpus Christi, Texas. From what I understand, the port in Ingleside is deep and could be used. I have heard that Corpus would love to have a port, but it doesn't seem likely to happen.

Libragirl
Yes the port is deep. I also agree it is very unlikely to happen. But it is the only real logical choice for another Texas port. But like I said the Port of Houston has no real benifit for the cruise line or the passengers other than I guess Passengers would have a shorter drive from one of Houston's two airports. But the Port of Houston wouldn't add competition in the way of cost and there would be a lot of port traffic that is easier for the cruise lines to just avoid. Now I did go to the Port of Houston's web sight it showed NCL was supose to have a ship going of there but when I looked at the ship they mentioned it seemed that ships has no scheduled cruises out of Houston.