CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Lido Deck Movie Screens (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/346467-lido-deck-movie-screens.html)

Gail4cruising February 10th, 2008 09:11 PM

Lido Deck Movie Screens

Can anyone tell me which Carnival ships have the outside large screen now? Thanks in advance.....

blueliner February 10th, 2008 09:18 PM

Re: Lido Deck Movie Screens

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gail4cruising
Can anyone tell me which Carnival ships have the outside large screen now? Thanks in advance.....

I know for a fact the Carnival Liberty has one, and I believe that the Carnival Freedom has one as well.

Johnathan February 10th, 2008 10:08 PM

There have been several threads about this recently. The list I've come up with is: Liberty, Freedom, Valor and Victory.

If anyone knows of others, or know any of the retrofitting schedules then let us know!

cherylroy February 10th, 2008 11:07 PM

Really? The Valor and Victory have one? It thought only the Liberty, Freedom and Splendor??

lauera9482 February 11th, 2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylroy
Really? The Valor and Victory have one? It thought only the Liberty, Freedom and Splendor??

The Victory and Valor had them recently installed during drydock.

gfleo February 11th, 2008 06:29 AM

Since last Saturday Carnival Valor has also one. They installed one when it was in drydock

mehawk February 11th, 2008 09:06 AM

They are very nice also.

CruiseJunkee February 12th, 2008 07:47 PM

We are sailing on the Carnival Victory in May - pictures I have seen show they now have the big screen.

What do they show on this screen?

vbudde February 12th, 2008 08:20 PM

on carnival connections a post says that triumph will go to dry dock from sept. 21 to oct. 4 and i feel that they will add one to her

Johnathan February 12th, 2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseJunkee
What do they show on this screen?

All sorts of different things. When we boarded, during lunch they had on a Celine Dion Concert, in the mornings they'd put on CNN, in the day it wasn't really used unless they were showing an event on the ship or for the cruise director's live "afternoon show", at night they had some pretty decent movies playing (the newest 007 to name one). It was a nice touch for sure!

lauera9482 February 12th, 2008 10:54 PM

Are the movies schedules published online?

Johnathan February 14th, 2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauera9482
Are the movies schedules published online?

I can't say I've ever seen them online ahead of time, they are published in the daily Capers though.

mehawk February 15th, 2008 03:22 PM

I haven't seen them online either. Besides, a big sporting event would preempt the movie anyways.

Dutchman February 16th, 2008 11:31 AM

yep the Green bay and NY playoff was on the big screen on the Freedom. GREAT Time