Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Admiral

hi im wendy from northern cali. im a 39 year old happily divorced mother of an 8 year old who will be staying home for this cruise. this will be my second cruise both cruisemate group cruises.
mel are you ready to make those moderators work overtime again?

oh hi kuki!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 15th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Admiral

T.C.....another person to be in front on our second line !!!..welcome
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Hello

My name is Ray McDonald, but most in the cruise world call me Snoozeman which is my screen name on the internet. I was fortunate to begin cruising years ago as a young adult, but gave it up as I didn’t really enjoy flying to ports of debarkation. As a geography major in college I enjoyed and continued to travel. Years later when cruise lines began cruising from Texas I began cruising again.

I am married with two grown daughters and one new grandson. We live on Rattlesnake Mountain which is located in the Norse Historic District in rural Bosque County Texas. We have a small ranch raising Boer goats and enjoy the beautiful countryside and numerous wildlife. The ranch is four miles from the closest paved road and 15 miles from town.

BLOG2NOLA will be my first CM group, first cruise on the Fantasy, and first out of NOLA, but it will be my 47th cruise overall. I will be cruising solo and I was able to get cabin E181 which is my favorite 1A cabin on a Fantasy class ship. (DW & DD2 spend early February in Florida with my family on their annual WDW trip). As of now, I’m planning on the follow up cruise as well.

Snooze

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Okay so what is so special about E181?
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old February 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiesbooks
Closest 1A to the lobby bar.

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old February 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiesbooks
Closest 1A to the lobby bar.

Snooze, I like your way of thinking!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 17th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Default Mike and Carole Lawson

We live in Foster City a small town about twenty miles South of San Francisco on the Peninsula. We have two grown children Lorraine and Erik. Both are happy and doing well. Carole has her own graphics design business and keeps very busy. I work for Beckman Coulter a medical instrument business. Beckman made the decision a year ago to move the business to Indiana. To cold for this old guy so I will retire in about six Months. We will celebrate our 40th. anniversary in September. So we are planning a cruise to Hawaii from San Diego. That is the short version. I,ll save the rest for later I do not want to drive you off right away. Carole is looking for a picture, she looks good in all of them I look like something you see on the post office wall. I tried to get her to send the Stingray city picture I am under water in that one. Mike
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Admiral

hi travelmike! i lived just over the bridge in hayward until about 2 years ago when i moved to sacramento. still miss the bay area though cause it gets quite a bit hotter here in the summer. 8)

Old February 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Crazysis, Sacramento is a nice area, and you are right it can get hot in summer. I don,t know the area well but have traveled through there many time on the way to Lake Tahoe. We look forward to meeting you in NOLA. Mike
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Hello,
My name is James,the wife is Joyce.
I don't drink,curse,chew or kiss women that do!
My witness that all the above is not true is the Miss Melody,Joyce and I have spent time in NOLA with her and enjoyed every second.
We are really looking forward to this cruise, even tho it's a year away or less.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Passenger

Default Bio

Hi there Cruisemates my name is Kevin, I am 30 years old well 31 come bloggers cruise version 2.0 now with upgrades. I live in New York I am a Executive chef at a Italian restaurant. I have a Masters degree in computer science, and I hold a master chef rating from the Culinary Institute of America. I am also a proud member of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs.

Yes I also drive what use to be John's dream car a Aston Martin, but with the price of fuel these days more days than not you can find me driving my Honda

Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Kevin....I grew up within walking distance of CIA in Hyde Park NY..welcome aboard
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Yes I also drive what use to be John's dream car a Aston Martin, but with the price of fuel these days more days than not you can find me driving my Honda
Hey Kev.. who the heck owns cars in NYC? I thought it costs $12,000 a day for parking

I LOVE Italian food. Maybe you can take over the galley one day, and prepare an Italian dinner for all the bloggers!!! YUMMM
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I live in New York I am a Executive chef at a Italian restaurant.
Oh.. and you'll have to tell us which restaurant, as we're just about to announce a new CruiseMates Group Cruise sailing out of NY in Oct. 08. We can all come over for dinner! 8)
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Admiral

NYCruises...yes I too am interested. We'll be cruising into NYC in mid april and I booked d/h a job there for that week, I'd love to enjoy a gourmet italian meal.

Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Bio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruises2
Hi there Cruisemates my name is Kevin, I am 30 years old well 31 come bloggers cruise version 2.0 now with upgrades. I live in New York I am a Executive chef at a Italian restaurant. I have a Masters degree in computer science, and I hold a master chef rating from the Culinary Institute of America. I am also a proud member of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs.

Kevin -

Nice to see you on this board as well. I have missed your postings on your blog.

As to the issue of gas for the AM, I am perfectly willing to contribute to the cost of petrol in order to get the Aston Martin to New Orleans. As I have previously pointed out, we can strap the Mrs. to the luggage rack if needed (

OK - now onto my bio

Hi, my name is Jon and I am 53 years old (54 by the time the B2NOLA comes around). My wife & I began cruising on the Smokefree Paradise and my handle stands for Missing The Smoke Free Paradise.

Right now, we live in NE MD with our 26 y/o daughter, who is named after me (my middle name). I have lived in 14 different states, but still consider myself a Vermonter, where I was born and raised.

As for occupation, I work for a safety net hospital in Philadelphia as a finance manager.

My secret goal in life is to find the Holy Grail, buy the Carnival Splendor and retain John Heald as my personal CD and Kevin as my personal chef.

One can dream, can't they.

BTW - this cruise will be our first Cruisemate cruise.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old February 23rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Right now, we live in NE MD with our 26 y/o daughter, who is named after me (my middle name).
So is her name T, S, or F?
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
Hey Kev.. who the heck owns cars in NYC? I thought it costs $12,000 a day for parking

I LOVE Italian food. Maybe you can take over the galley one day, and prepare an Italian dinner for all the bloggers!!! YUMMM
Actually Kuki i live on Long Island but saying new York usually makes it easier. I also work on long island now but I did spend a few years in NYC working here and there. If the group is willing to make the trip out to long island about 40 minutes by train i'll send you the details.

Kevin
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Howdy from San Jose CA
A little bit late in posting this but better late than never---

gee I thought I was the innocent one--- ???? Martini----
Were to start ???
I'm married --but no one has even seen my husband --- think ZZ Top---he's a great guy who lets me cruise and travel with friends---But he might even join me on this one------ We both said how much we wanted to go back to New Orleans after we made a stop while cruising on the Sensation-------
Ive been on 4 CruiseMates group cruises ? and they keep on getting better--- 17 cruises so far- 18 if you count the 2 day one after the Century--lol.
My husband retired 7 years ago----lucky guy --he retired early from Sasso Electric-he just turned 55---- I'll be 50 this April------
We have a daughter whos married and lives in Glendale AZ-- a son 23 who still lives at home-----he gets to watch our dog if my husband doesn't go on this cruise with me-- if not my husband will-----

Cheers all
April
Old March 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM
First Mate

Hello from Hot Springs Village, AR. My name is Frank. I lost my dear wife, Susan in July 2007 after 52 wonderful years together.

I have four children and 7 grandchildren all living in So. CA. I retired from So. CA. in 1994, moved to the mountains of AZ and moved to HSV, AR in 2006. Retail was my profession for over 28 years, 25 with Sears.

Dear Susan and I started cruising in 1980 and did 25 together, all from No. America involving major lines including Carnival, HAL, Princess, RCCL, Celebrity, NCL and Crystal. Even some that are no longer in existence! I have been on two CM group cruises, Celebrity Century & Carnival Liberty in Dec 2006 - Jan 2007.

I have cruised solo on 2 cruises with two more booked this year with Princess and Holland America.

Looking forward to this Blogger Cruise in 2009 and meeting you all.

Regards,
Frank
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Admiral

About 20 years ago, I got very seasick on my first cruise [Rotterdam V]. If you thought that marked the end of cruising for me, you would have been mistaken. For February 2009 will be cruise number 23 for this single hospital employee...who's been working for the Federal Government for nearly 25 years. Hence, the rapidly graying hair on this 51-year old S. California resident. The cruise will mark my 11th aboard a "Fun Ship". The first was about ten years ago on the "Holiday"; on tbe "Sensation" in 2002; the "Elation" as it went through the Canal in 2007...and a Baja cruise this yeae; "Paradise" in 2003 and 2007; the "Conquest" in both 2004 and 2006; and a "crossing" on the "Liberty" in Spring 2006. In November, I'm scheduled to take a Transatlantic journey aboard the "Freedom". The Rotterdam V? I cruised on her as the Rembrandt. Just weeks before Premier's bankruptcy

Jim
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Default My other "claim to fame"

You already know I'm foolish enough to admit knowing Kuki. On another note, you can see the Los Angeles hospital I work at almost every week on TV. That's because it's also Seattle Grace Hospital on "Greys Anatomy"
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:49 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
Right now, we live in NE MD with our 26 y/o daughter, who is named after me (my middle name).
So is her name T, S, or F?
Her name is S, but not Smoke.

When I was born, my paternal grandmother decreed that my parents "would never have girls and this one will be Stacy", so I named her to satisfy grandmother.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome MTSFP - I live in Western MD!
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Beginner

Default I'm new at this

Ok, I admit I don't know a thing about cruising. How do I get to "my" cruise web page on cruisemates? I've created a login, but I don't know how to get to blog2nola site. Any help would be appreciated.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I'm new at this

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloick
Ok, I admit I don't know a thing about cruising. How do I get to "my" cruise web page on cruisemates? I've created a login, but I don't know how to get to blog2nola site. Any help would be appreciated.
You've found it. This particular thread is for a little introduction of yourself. Feel free to do that. Kuki has set up an entire section just for the cruise. There are several threads in it.

Welcome to CruiseMates and welcome aboard.

Future Cruises:
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Admiral

Hi, Cloick, an welcome aboard! Looking forward to the cruise..... will February EVER get here!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Dar4960 Send a message via Yahoo to Dar4960

Hello Cruisemates. I'm Darlene, I'll be traveling with my BF John. We are from Rockford Illinois. I am a Certified Pharmacy Tech, 13 years but who's counting..lol John works for an automobile manufacturer, been at it 20 years. I have one daughter Kippi, she is 26 and about to graduate from Nursing School in December. John is the father of twins, a boy and girl and we are grandparents to little Michael. This will be cruise 15 and 16 for me, 9 and 10 for John. We look forward to meeting everyone in February!
Darlene
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Admiral

wow! alot of people from northern california. cool!
i got to meet some of our fellow cruisemates on the ta cruise and i have to say that they are a GREAT bunch of people!

Old June 1st, 2008, 02:44 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

Hi all,
We are Guerry and Linda and we'll be doing this cruise plus the recovery cruise. We have been around cruisemates since the beginning. I don't post as often as I should, no excuse other than life gets in the way.

We currently live in Spring Lake, NC right outside of Fort Bragg military base. Guerry is a retired 30 yr Army man and I have worked for the government almost as long.

We are looking forward to this cruise and to going to NOLA again. One of my brothers lived there for years so this won't be our first time there.

We have a married daughter and two teriffic grandsons and all are addicted to cruising. We took our daughter on her first one when she was 6 and we take our grandsons every two years on a cruise of their choice.

Now, we're just hoping the time will pass quickly and it will soon be time to head out for the cruise. We are arriving two days early so hopefully, we'll see some of you there.

Guerry and Linda