Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
First Mate

Silverfern:

AAAAh I know who you are now! Congrats on your honeymoon. You are a couple that you can tell are in love. No, I am not the larry the cable guy dude. They did enjoy themselves alright. Loved the cruise and fell in love with the Holiday also. I am wanting to take our youngest daughter, granddaughter and..gulp...the old bat...I mean, mother in law on a cruise next year. None of them have cruised before and I am trying to decide on the blog2nola or back on the Holiday and am really leaning toward another cruise on the Holiday. I think they would enjoy her as much as we did. Good to hear from you guys again!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharHite

Beware, you will soon go into cruise withdrawal. The only cure for that is to book another cruise.
That is absolutely correct. I did my first cruise last Sept. and couldn't wait until my next cruise....
Guess who's already booked for next sept?? This time 7 days not 4... I didn't have enough time to do everything I wanted.... 8) 8)
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
First Mate

I understand. 4 days would never be enough time and I am betting that the 7 days won't be enough time either! Guess we will just have to try to book longer and longer cruises!

Dewayne

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

I concur - took my first in May 2006 and will be on my fifth May 4th and will probably be on my sixth this fall... You can't beat the service, the prices and the locations....so far Carnival is winning. I almost booked a Royal for me and my husband and our granddaughter this week because of a special they're running but Carnival is winning that one too. No balconies were available and for a three to a room oceanview the third bed was an upper - no way with a little one. Carnival will slide the twins together to make a queen/king and the sofa turns into a bed at night giving us more space if we need it during the day....

Old February 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecouple
I concur - took my first in May 2006 and will be on my fifth May 4th and will probably be on my sixth this fall... You can't beat the service, the prices and the locations....so far Carnival is winning. I almost booked a Royal for me and my husband and our granddaughter this week because of a special they're running but Carnival is winning that one too. No balconies were available and for a three to a room oceanview the third bed was an upper - no way with a little one. Carnival will slide the twins together to make a queen/king and the sofa turns into a bed at night giving us more space if we need it during the day....
If you have not stayed in a balcony room with the sofa before, you will love it. I feel like these cabins just have a lot more room and we enjoy having the sofa in the cabin for a nice comfortable place to sit other than the bed. The balcony is great for early morning coffee, late nights, a quiet afternoon at sea reading a book and fresh air anytime you want it. We love to stand on the balcony of our cabin as we pull into a new port in the morning.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Beginner

Hi papa2cool, just came across this site and was reading through posts...we are going on the holiday July 14 for our first cruise..it will be me, DH, DS18, DS15 & DD13..we have booked a balcony suite..love the thought of having a balcony
I'm a member of another site(not sure if I can post the name here..lol)
and there have been lots of post lately about the Holiday...mostly concerning brown water and the noro virus..even though I have never cruised her I did my homework before I booked
She is the oldest ship in the CC fleet and also the smallest..I kept this in mind and decided that she would be a great cruise for us first timers
I like the thought of a smaller less overwhelming ship especially it being our first cruise..plus the reviews of the food and crew are really great!
I have posted defending the Holiday(on the other site) because I have read many post that accuse the ship of causing the noro virus we all know that its the passengers bringing it on board to blame...
I'm not saying that the Holiday doesnt have her problems but who wouldnt at her age? I think we all can agree that as we get older it shows..!

Anyway its good to hear from someone that has actually been on the Holiday recently and not just speculation...
Hope I dont get flamed for posting this but there is always someone that will not be happy with whatever ship they choose..I'm a very positive, laid back and easy to please kind of person..so I think the Holiday will be perfect for us
Old February 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
First Mate

Dear CML1970

First of all, welcome to Cruisemates.com! This is a great site and you will find lots of info and friends here.
We loved the Holiday. Like you, it was our first cruise and I don't think we could have picked a better ship to cruise on for our first. Yes, there was some brown water, but in our case, it didn't last more than a few seconds. Seems like I noticed it on our last day or two of the cruise. I am seriously thinking about cruising on her again next February. We are planning on taking the mother-out-law...I mean in-law and our youngest daughter as well as our granddaughter, it will be the first cruise for them and I think the Holiday will be a great experience for them.
Be sure to let me know when you guys get back how you liked her. I am excited about your first cruise. May you be as hooked as I am!

Dewayne

Free Cruise Clocks