CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Going to give it another try.... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/346891-going-give-another-try.html)

Dave the Wave February 18th, 2008 10:57 AM

Going to give it another try....

Booking Inspiration for October 2nd, 2008. Been wanting to check out the new Fantasy class improvements. Most notably to the pool areas.

So here I go again. 3 countdown clocks at once! :D I imagine the changes are the same to each of these. To recent cruisers that have been on before and after. What did you think?

Paul Motter,

Thanks for the great write-up and pictures.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ons-021808.cfm

msblackjack February 18th, 2008 11:05 AM

alright Dave - good for you! Yep Paul's article definetly made me want to go out and book another trip on Inspiration or Imagination -

is this the cruise with your professional group?

I will have to look for my notes on Inspiration re: servers, bartenders, etc... I recall a couple that really stood out and made it fun.

Dave the Wave February 18th, 2008 11:08 AM

Let's go MSBJ!! I am sure when we get back from this one you will be ready to go again. LOL

msblackjack February 18th, 2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Let's go MSBJ!! I am sure when we get back from this one you will be ready to go again. LOL

It is very close to Erik's birthday! but it is 3 days after the Talledaga (NASCAR) race, which we usually do for his birthday..... I don't think I can talk him into it & he said this is the last short cruise (repeated iteniearies have got him burnt out on cruising).

Dave the Wave February 18th, 2008 11:14 AM

Oh, well. You will just have to wait for my review and pictures.

blueliner February 18th, 2008 01:58 PM

I got to imagine any cruise with Dave the Wave on it is going to be great! After my first Carnival cruise last October, I'm of the belief a little Carnival here and there isn't a bad thing!

I'd join you Dave, but I'll be on the Adventure OTS in the Southern Caribbean at that time. I'm thinking of another Carnival cruise in January or February of '09.

Dave the Wave February 18th, 2008 02:41 PM

Have fun Scott. Thanks for the input. It is a just a shorty 4 nighter and the ports is 20 minutes from home. I don't mind two sae days either. I actually like what they have done with the pool decks.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...4232/69951.jpg

cutiecat February 18th, 2008 08:16 PM

Dave! You've crossed back temporarily! lol hope you have a great time!

Dave the Wave February 18th, 2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutiecat
Dave! You've crossed back temporarily! lol hope you have a great time!

Yes, if you don't go both ways, you miss half the fun! :shock:

cutiecat February 18th, 2008 08:30 PM

and i will be able to vouch for that come June, when i cross to your side :) i can't wait!

blueliner February 18th, 2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
Have fun Scott. Thanks for the input. It is a just a shorty 4 nighter and the ports is 20 minutes from home. I don't mind two sae days either. I actually like what they have done with the pool decks.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...4232/69951.jpg

I gotta check one of those Carnival Refurbished ships out sometime in '09, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and review.

CruiseJunkee February 18th, 2008 11:13 PM

We sailed the Inspiration in 2006 and 2007 - right before the refurbish!! This year we booked the Victory - then we see pictures of the refurbished Inspiration - made us wish we were going on the Inspiration!!!

Have fun!!! We are thinking of booking the Inspiration either later this year or next year.

skymaster February 19th, 2008 08:43 AM

Good for you Dave. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I sail "Inspiration" on March 10th, so I'll let you know what we thought of the new upgrades. (We loved this ship before the drydock, so I've got high expectations for her after). Perhaps we can sail with you in October, however I've already got "Legend" booked for Halloween at the end of October. We'd love to share a ship with you!

See ya'

Ken
"Sky"

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 19th, 2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster
Good for you Dave. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I sail "Inspiration" on March 10th, so I'll let you know what we thought of the new upgrades. (We loved this ship before the drydock, so I've got high expectations for her after). Perhaps we can sail with you in October, however I've already got "Legend" booked for Halloween at the end of October. We'd love to share a ship with you!

See ya'

Ken
"Sky"

Hey Ken,
Long time no chat! Hope you and your lovely Mrs have a great time on your upcoming cruise! Me, I'm looking again but so far this year looks like I'm gonna have to settle for cruising for a little higher than $50 daily, to give you a long-ovedue answer to your question. :wink: I think our 5-6 year run of cruising for next to nothing is coming to an end! LOL :wink: LOL

Captain :)

Dave the Wave February 19th, 2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster

See ya'

Ken
"Sky"

Please do. Take some good pictures!! That Halloween cruise sounds good. The Inspiration sails over halloween too but I need to be at home with kids for that. We still Trick or Treat!

skymaster February 19th, 2008 07:34 PM

I'll take a long hard look at cruising with you Dave. If I can come up with the time off, we'll do it! I have no doubt it would be GREAT FUN.
Captain, I wondered if you would be able to stick to the $50 per day limit the way things are now. I usually find it difficult to even go for $75 per day. I'm still working so can't go on a moments notice, but as soon as I retire I hope to join you in the last minute cruise thing.

Later,

Ken
"Sky"

venice February 19th, 2008 07:45 PM

so DTW..does this mean that you and Brittany may join us for next year's BLOG2NOLA outing ? you can stay at my house to save expenses if you like and I'll show you the correct way to eat crawfish

Dave the Wave February 19th, 2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
so DTW..does this mean that you and Brittany may join us for next year's BLOG2NOLA outing ? you can stay at my house to save expenses if you like and I'll show you the correct way to eat crawfish

I would love to! Have to see what the cruise budget allows. I have and do know how to eat crawfish and suck the heads! :shock:

I already Google mapped it to see if driving is feasible. :idea:

mehawk February 20th, 2008 01:24 AM

Gosh Dave, the car business must be booming for you to run that many clocks at once. Don't your ears hurt from all the ticking? LOL Bring back some good pictures and I'll send you my personal email. LOL

venice February 20th, 2008 01:49 AM

Dave...you do know that VW is re-introducing the Micro Bus next fall, so when you come I'll rent one (bright yellow) and we can cruise Bourbon Street and you can wear your Austin Powers outfit and I'll wear my Samuel L. Jackson outfit from Pulp Fiction..and we will have Mel wear her Peggy Lipton outfit from the Mod Squad

mehawk February 20th, 2008 03:18 AM

we will have Mel wear her Peggy Lipton outfit from the Mod Squad...

That I want to see. :D

MrPete February 20th, 2008 07:19 AM

Dave!

Enjoy your Carnival cruise!

I'm trying to see how I can make a return to a Fantasy class ship to see these new refurbishments. They just don't seem to come too close to NY. :cry:

skymaster February 20th, 2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk
Gosh Dave, the car business must be booming for you to run that many clocks at once. Don't your ears hurt from all the ticking? LOL Bring back some good pictures and I'll send you my personal email. LOL

Dave doesn't even have to sell Honda cars,,,they sell themselves. All Dave has to do is write up the order, and head for the bank! GREAT cars!

Ken
"Sky"

Dave the Wave February 20th, 2008 09:20 AM

Thanks Ken. It is not as easy as that but after 14 years in the same place. I sit in my office, work on the phone and email, make appoints and close 80% of the people I talk to. Previous customers and referrals is all I do. Oh, and post on Cruise Mates all day!

Grandeur going solo
Mariner taking my boys for Spring Break
Inspiration is a gift from a good client :wink:

cutiecat February 20th, 2008 01:28 PM

you all rent that bus and i'll be coming too! lol

wish i could sit at work and type on cruisemates all day....

:)

Dave the Wave February 20th, 2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

you all rent that bus and i'll be coming too! lol

wish i could sit at work and type on cruisemates all day....

:)

Deal!!! Hear that Venice?

I already Have a VW Bus, Cutie Cat. We can drive to New orleans in it if you are up for that?

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/...s/427/3779.jpg

cutiecat February 20th, 2008 05:08 PM

holy junk.... lol :)

when are you leaving?

Dave the Wave February 20th, 2008 05:17 PM

Anytime you want! :wink:

cutiecat February 20th, 2008 05:21 PM

if i wasn't spending so much on cruises this year i'd say let's go now!

i would love to cruise that Blog2NOLA...but need to see how my budget is going to go after this year's cruises first....

would be lots of fun!

Dave the Wave February 20th, 2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

if i wasn't spending so much on cruises this year i'd say let's go now!

i would love to cruise that Blog2NOLA...but need to see how my budget is going to go after this year's cruises first....

would be lots of fun!

Well then we will have to revisit it later. 8)