Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to redsox221
Default Spring Break- Destiny March 09, 2008

Myself and a few of my buddies from College just booked the 7-night Southern Caribbean itinerary on Carnival Destiny departing March 9th from San Juan.

We are all 23 or 24 and unfortunately now in the "real world" The good news is, its only about 40 more years until I can retire! haha Anyway, needless to say, I'm looking forward to this vacation more than any I ever took while in school.

A few questions:

Spring Break: We are not expecting this trip to have the same "girls gone wild" feel as a trip to Cancun, but we are hoping there will be other young people on the boat with us.

Has anyone been on Destiny before? What are the demographics like this time of year? Am I going to be partying with Grandma all week or will there be others on the boat our age?

Bars/Nightlife: To those who have been on Destiny before- Is there a lot to do on the boat at night or are most people usually sleeping by midnight? haha

Any thoughts from others are much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Hi.. Yes there will be young people on the ship. I did notice that the lido deck parties closed down "early". The disco seemed to be the lively place on board. Since this is a longer cruise, you'll have a different kind of trip. The shorter cruises tend to be the party all night cruises.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011