CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Shuttle from Long Beach airport to cruiseship area? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/346929-shuttle-long-beach-airport-cruiseship-area.html)

Decorator February 18th, 2008 06:55 PM

Shuttle from Long Beach airport to cruiseship area?

My daughter and I will be taking the Carnival Paradise ship on the 25th :D and I am wondering how we would get to the cruise ship terminal. I booked the air separate from booking the cruise so there are no transfers included. Taxi? Shuttle? How much $$ will we need for that? Also, our flight will not leave Long Beach on the 29th until later. What do we do to enjoy the time once we have debarked. :-? Thanks for the help...

Mom, cruised 5 times, Daughter's (age 20) first cruise on Feb. 25th/08

LS80 February 18th, 2008 08:57 PM

If you are flying into Long Beach Airport a taxi to the pier is $27.00. It's a set fee...........

Our flight left at 11:15 am so we didn't have to find things to do.......

Sharon

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 18th, 2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS80
If you are flying into Long Beach Airport a taxi to the pier is $27.00. It's a set fee...........

Our flight left at 11:15 am so we didn't have to find things to do.......

Sharon

Really it is Sharon? Dang, I didn't think it was that expensive when you consider the airport is just down the road, figuratively speaking! Maybe if the OP poster has enough time they can take the bus from the airport to downtown Long Beach and then take the free RED Passport trolley over to the Queen Mary/cruiseship terminal! I think that won't set them back more than $4 for the 2 of them!

Captain :)

LS80 February 19th, 2008 11:00 AM

Capt.............the Red Passport Trolley from the hotel was FREE......that's what we did the morning of the cruise.......it was soooo easy......

Yep...both ways....to the port & from the port $27.00.......cheaper then some taxi's we've done......

Sharon

Decorator February 19th, 2008 12:24 PM

Thaks so much for the replies and definitely the savings of $$ would be much appreciated. :) :)
Thanks also Captain for the Red Trolley idea, (by the way I read everything you wrote on your 6 day cruise review and thought how amazing it was that you could just take off at a moment's notice!). My only question is, How difficult is it to find the bus into Long Beach and to then find the trolley. Is it just easy to do once we get outside of the terminal? I have never been to Long Beach before so it is all new to me. Thanks folks for posting replies. :D
6 more sleeps!!!

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 19th, 2008 12:41 PM

Decorator,
Here's a link to Long Beach Transit:

www.lbtransit.com/Services/

http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php (this link is for the trip planner section of the website)

I think you need get bus 111 from the airport to downtown Long Beach and then board the free Red Passport C route bus. Piece of cake. Total cost for 2 = $1.80 Total travel time between 60 to 90 minutes.

Captain

Decorator February 20th, 2008 04:14 PM

Thanks Captain for the link. I used that website to write an email and have asked them to help me figure this out. If they don't answer before we go, I will try to get around Long Beach with the information that you gave me. Any $$ savings would go a long way for us. Although I have traveled a fair amount I have always been with my husband who I expect to do all the thinking for us. This time this blonde has to be the brains of the travelling duo. :wink:

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 20th, 2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decorator
Thanks Captain for the link. I used that website to write an email and have asked them to help me figure this out. If they don't answer before we go, I will try to get around Long Beach with the information that you gave me. Any $$ savings would go a long way for us. Although I have traveled a fair amount I have always been with my husband who I expect to do all the thinking for us. This time this blonde has to be the brains of the travelling duo. :wink:

Decorator,
If they don't answer you, DO NOT EVEN WORRY about it.
LGB (Long Beach Airport) is a real small airport, the bus stops right outside the single terminal, it's a small terminal too. It will take you to downtown Long Beach, then you board the C Red Passport bus/trolley.
The bus driver will show you were to board that. As I said, don't even be concerned.
I'd rather see you spend those $50 bucks on fun stuff on your cruise rather than on a cab fare!

Decorator February 21st, 2008 01:11 PM

So, I just read a latest reply from you Captain (on another post), and the 4 day to Baja just sounded to good to be true :D :D and you are taking that cruise with your Mrs. 8)
Does sunshine follow you wherever you go? Thanks for all your help on the transit etc. I can picture now the smaller airport being an easier place to manage than what was originally in my mind ( LAX size airport).
Here's to a great holiday! :D

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 21st, 2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

So, I just read a latest reply from you Captain (on another post), and the 4 day to Baja just sounded to good to be true :D :D and you are taking that cruise with your Mrs. 8)
Does sunshine follow you wherever you go? Thanks for all your help on the transit etc. I can picture now the smaller airport being an easier place to manage than what was originally in my mind ( LAX size airport).
Here's to a great holiday! :D

I meant to ask you yesterday, what day/date/time does your flight get into Long Beach? I found a 2008 Bus schedule at home and I can tell you
what would be the approximate times for the bus service at both the airport and from downtown to the Queen Mary (that's where the cruiseship terminal is!)

Decorator February 21st, 2008 03:18 PM

Hi Captain: Our flight comes in at about 10: 40 am on Monday the 25th, day of sailing. I figure that we will be out of the terminal shortly after landing because we will travel light. Thanks, I appreciate you checking that out for us! :D

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 21st, 2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Hi Captain: Our flight comes in at about 10: 40 am on Monday the 25th, day of sailing. I figure that we will be out of the terminal shortly after landing because we will travel light. Thanks, I appreciate you checking that out for us! :D

THIS COMING MONDAY?
sorry for the yelling, if the answer is Yes, I'tell you why! LOL

Captain

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 21st, 2008 07:02 PM

Assuming you are quick, take bus 111 from the airport at 11.11am to the last stop in downtown Long Beach which is the Transit Mall Center arriving at 11.55am. From this same location you then take a short ride at 12.10pm on the free RED Passport bus "C" arriving at the Queen Mary/Cruisehip Terminal at 12.31pm
Easy, Real Easy.

Note: Next bus after 11.11am from the airport is at 11.51am. The Red Passport free service bus depart aprroximately every 10-15 minutes rom the Transit Mall Center.

Decorator February 21st, 2008 07:29 PM

So, you said:

THIS COMING MONDAY?
sorry for the yelling, if the answer is Yes, I'tell you why! LOL

Yes, this Monday!! And we are soo excited. We are singing"We're havin' a Party" (you know, Rod Stewart song). Looking forward to getting on board...

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 21st, 2008 07:38 PM

The funny thing is that I booked that same cruise, last-minute thing last night! LOL LOL LOL
Watch out for the Captain and the Mrs, you'll see me wearing an OCean Players Club T-shirt or an Ocean Players Club Polo Shirt that the Mrs won for me on our Elation cruise last week!
Did ya see my other post, one above yours with the bus times? If you give me your flight times after the cruise, I will tell you the schedule to go back.

Captain