Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Default Shore Excursion Cancellation ?

If a shore excursion is booked thru Carnival and it is raining at that port or we should decide not to go will our money be refunded ?
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: Shore Excursion Cancellation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1942
If a shore excursion is booked thru Carnival and it is raining at that port or we should decide not to go will our money be refunded ?

Most tours operate on a Rain or Shine basis. As for the cancellation fee, I may stand corrected on this one but I seem to remember that if you cancel 48 hours or prior, there is either a 25% or a $25 cancellation fee, if you cancel within 24 hours, you get NOTHING back! If the tour is canceled by Carnival or the tour operator, you get a full refund.

Captain
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Last September, on the Conquest, in Grand Cayman, it rained like you wouldn't believe! Refunds were given.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Nancy, I can not state that it is policy, but I had my Leaning Tower of Pisa excursion greatfully refunded when I discovered that the previous day's walking tour of the Vatican had left me in P-A-I-N.

Maybe the young lady took pity on me when she saw that I could barely walk, or maybe she just liked my looks

Carnival did make it back - I got a full body massage instead.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP
Quote:
Nancy, I can not state that it is policy, but I had my Leaning Tower of Pisa excursion greatfully refunded when I discovered that the previous day's walking tour of the Vatican had left me in P-A-I-N.

Maybe the young lady took pity on me when she saw that I could barely walk, or maybe she just liked my looks

Carnival did make it back - I got a full body massage instead.

lol MTSFP lol,
I guess praying at the Vatican didn't do much good, did it?
Aren't ya just glad you did not go to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and attempt to climb those stairs! That's one of the weirdest sensations ever, as you climb you feel yourself going up and DOWN as you maneuver around the spiral staircase! Gosh it's been ages since we were there. Anyone know if they still allow people to climb up the stairs inside the tower to the top?

Captain
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to vbudde

when i went to nassau i took my ticket ashore but decided not to go because of the weather. when i looked at my statement on the final night they credited my account with the cost of the excursion which i thought was pretty cool.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Beginner

We are leaving Saturday on the Glory for the western cruise. I cannot wait!!

We have a horseback riding excursion booked, but my friend found out yesterday she has a health condition that will prohibit her from riding a horse. At this date (2 days before sailing) what are her options? Should we wait until we got on the boat or should we try to call now and fix it? I will probably still go on the excursion, but her doctor has told her she cannot.
Thanks
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvet
We are leaving Saturday on the Glory for the western cruise. I cannot wait!!

We have a horseback riding excursion booked, but my friend found out yesterday she has a health condition that will prohibit her from riding a horse. At this date (2 days before sailing) what are her options? Should we wait until we got on the boat or should we try to call now and fix it? I will probably still go on the excursion, but her doctor has told her she cannot.
Thanks
On the day you board, go to the Shore Excursions desk to cancel the excursion. They will give you an onboard credit equal to the price of the excursion. (They don't do refunds). If you wait to cancel it, they may or may not charge a penalty. but they always allow people to cancel on the first day without penalty.

Ruby Princess (Inaugural) -
Celebrity Mercury (30th Anniversary) -
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:30 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the advice. We'll head that way once we board.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're sailing on the Sensation next Thursday (Feb. 28th), heading to Nassau. We'd like to go swimming at Blackbeard's Beach, but there's a chance of thundershowers in the extended forecast. We haven't booked the excursion yet. We'll wait until Monday and check the forecast again. If the weather looks "iffy", we'll choose an excursion (bus tour maybe?) that won't be hindered by the weather. Or maybe Capt. Jack Sparrow will sail up on the Black Pearl and we'll consume mass quantities of rum Rain or shine, we're looking forward to a fun-filled weekend. Yo-Ho! Yo-Ho!