Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Passenger

Default Feb 25 Carnival Paradise

2nd cruise within 5 mths. Last time with Legend. This time just a quick 4 Days trip. (Need to get away from the Calgary's cold)
12yrs ago I went to LA once. Don't remember much. May go to the Sixflags on the Feb 23. Which beach is good and clean in the Long Beach area?
Does anyone know where can I rent some fishing gears just for a few hours fishing off the pier or somewhere (LA/ Catalina/ Ensenada)? Or is there anyone interested joining me to go out rent a fishing boat together as a shore excursion(Catalina/Ensenada)?
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:43 AM
Familiar Face

We are going on the same 4 night on Paradise. Mom/Daughter from Vancouver. Not interested in fishing but sure have been thinking about the whale watching (as a side trip). We see the orcas around here but they say the grey whales are migrating at this time. Did anyone recommend this trip to you or are you just catching this particular ship as a quick getaway (like us)? I have been learning a lot on this forum already...
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:24 PM
Passenger

Default Not going with the cruise shore excursion

Thinking just rent a golf cart to drive around the island. Some local shopping or just spend sometimes on the beach. May do some fishing if possible, since you know we are in Calgary, no sea near by.
The shore excursion with Carnival is too expensive.
Old February 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Surprise! Surprise!
Guess who you guys are cruising with?

HoneyP, you can rent golf-carts in the city of Avalon on Catalina.
Keep in mind you are restricted where you can go with rental carts and other than Avalon, the rest of the island is off-limits, period! I seem to remember that the cost is about $30hr and sometimes they do buy 2 hours get 1 hour free but I don't think they still do that on days when they have cruiseships in port, but I may stand corrected on that one! If you haev never been there, Avalon is a pretty 'lil town. OH don't forget your drivers license and CASH, last time I rented they were not taking credit cards fro the golf rentals.

Captain

Captain