CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cabins and Deck (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/347131-cabins-deck.html)

catty February 21st, 2008 01:23 PM

Cabins and Deck

What cabin and deck was the best for you and what cabin and deck was the worst for noise, level, etc...

CROOOOZIN February 21st, 2008 01:31 PM

WELL WE WERE ON THE GLORY AND WERE IN THE VERY REAR ON THE RIVIERA DECK...NOT GOOD WHEN YOU HAVE A 1 YEAR OLD "TRYING" TO SLEEP, ESPECIALLY WHILE DOCKING.

Floridanamaw February 21st, 2008 05:29 PM

The best deck is one that is in between passenger decks. If you are above a lounge you might get noise at night, same goes for the theater, Lido deck above will have noise from chairs being moved around. A cabin below the galley will be noisy (on most ships) because the galley operates ALL night long (from what I understand). A good cabin location depends on you and what you like. We had some friends that had there cabin at the very front of the ship and one night when the seas where rough they could hear the waves hitting the bow, they said in sounds like bombs going off, but after that one night, they did not hear anything. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes as far as decks and cabins go. I always want to be between passenger decks. Our cabin on the Glory was on the Empress deck, aft, absolutely a great cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

cutiecat February 21st, 2008 06:37 PM

I like the main deck towards the middle away from the elevators...I have stayed there twice, soon to be a third, and have never heard a noise.

ferrangi February 21st, 2008 06:40 PM

Well, I've only been on one so far, and it was a Cat 11 on the Paradise upper deck, of course we loved it. :wink:

That being said... I am booked for another cruise this time Mexican Riviera and we are doing a balcony (hoping for an upgrade) but who knows....
anyway, I can't see me doing any other cabin other than balcony, unless it was close enough to the out doors for me. LOL

misguidedangel February 21st, 2008 08:53 PM

I've been on Triumph class, Conquest, and Holiday. I've had cabins on deck 7, 8, 10, and Upper (Holiday).

Deck 7--the suite life-can't compare it to anything it was amazing!
Deck 8 and 10--loved it, not much motion and the view down is awesome!!!!
Upper-Uhm, that was at the aft of the ship right two decks below where the ropes that tie the ship are. That part of the deck is NOISY when getting into ports....

Best place, midship near the central atrium. The glass elevators are the best, that and there are 10 elevators to choose from in the central atrium area...

catty February 21st, 2008 10:51 PM

Thank you for all your input. I can't wait until March 16!!! LOL

cruisecouple February 21st, 2008 11:54 PM

we're going to be on Panorama but I've loved being aft on Empress Deck and the Main deck on Triumph was perfect. I try to stay away from the elevator areas.

kojack February 22nd, 2008 05:40 PM

deck/cabin

stayed on the upper deck on the Liberty, and will be back there on the Freedom, so quiet and comfortable I did'nt even know when she left the dock.
charles ( cruising Freedom 12/14/08 )

Ro February 22nd, 2008 09:06 PM

We always book the Empress deck on each ship we sail. Had an outside cabin on that deck on The Inspiration and Sensation and this one coming up we booked the Empress deck Cat 11 suite. We like the central location to everything.

mehawk February 22nd, 2008 09:09 PM

To me, it depends on the size of the ship. The Fantasy class sizes draw me to a cabin on the Empress or main lobby deck and near the main atrium. On the larger sized ones, I prefer near the Lido deck level and in the center, near the elevators.

MIke91267 February 24th, 2008 09:40 AM

EASY QUESTION - The "BEST" deck is the one my cabin is on... the fun is the boat, not the room (but do love those balconies).

David West February 24th, 2008 09:54 AM

On any ship, I try to stay midship. That includes inside, Ocean Views, or Balcony's. :)

Happy Sailing to all; :D
David

bewitched February 24th, 2008 10:14 AM

On the Fantasy we were midship Empress deck aft. We loved it, it was so close to the atruim and we never heard any noise. We have heard that once you stay in a balcony room you will not want any other room.

Stormy February 24th, 2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catty

Im goin on the victory on march 16 too!!! i cant wait it will be great!
I like the 8th deck because its right below the pool level and im always at the pool. 8) Its not noisy either like you would think you would hear people up there at night but you cant. I have also stayed on the upper deck which is good too because its in the midlle of everything... it just depends on what you wanna be by.

ilovecruises22 February 24th, 2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy
Quote:

Originally Posted by catty

Im goin on the victory on march 16 too!!! i cant wait it will be great!
I like the 8th deck because its right below the pool level and im always at the pool. 8) Its not noisy either like you would think you would hear people up there at night but you cant. I have also stayed on the upper deck which is good too because its in the midlle of everything... it just depends on what you wanna be by.

i like upper too... and were i was it was never noisey @ night i liked this alot!

misguidedangel February 24th, 2008 04:58 PM

Deck 6 cabins would be tricky because you'd have to see what is above. The shops would be quiet, er maybe. The show loune would be quiet after 11:30pm only, but between 10:30-11:30 you'd hear the show. I don't recommend a cabin right outside the central atrium because most Conquest class ships will have live singers performing until wee into the night and you get a free concert in your cabin (we had suite 7269--right around the corner from the elevators on the Conquest) and get serenaded to sleep every night...some songs good, some not...

Deck 8 would be quiet becuase you have Lido above and if you are not above the central pool area you'd not hear anything. Deck 9 and 10 would be the same...I prefer a higher deck.....

I have deck 9 cabin on the Liberty in September!

Silverfern February 25th, 2008 11:02 AM

When you cruise the smaller ships, go lower decks and midships to handle motion best. I have no advice on bigger since the biggest ship I have been on is Fantasy, and that was years ago ... of course, she is the same size LOL

cutiecat February 25th, 2008 01:03 PM

You guys will like the Victory~she's a nice ship with that's a lot of fun~happy sailing!