CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Beach Club in Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/347191-beach-club-cozumel.html)

Bamagal February 22nd, 2008 01:15 PM

Beach Club in Cozumel

anyone recommend the deluxe excursion to playa (?) something or other in Cozumel...? are we better off to spend our time shopping on our own?
thx.

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 22nd, 2008 01:28 PM

this is wher you need to be:

www.dolphindiscovery.com/cozumel/

Captain :)

Bamagal February 22nd, 2008 01:34 PM

That does look cool...we just don't want to get locked into something and not be able to take our time for casual exploring....
this definitely goes on the list!

Kuki February 22nd, 2008 01:38 PM

There's several great beaches in Cozumel with restaurant/bars, change facilities etc.

If all you're after is some beach time and some shopping time, you don't need a tour. Taxis are cheap to get around in, and plentiful.

Check out Paradise Beach, or Mr. Sanchos Beach Club. Both have nice beaches, and "water toys" available.

Bamagal February 22nd, 2008 01:53 PM

Yea! thanks....can't wait....

lhp February 22nd, 2008 03:12 PM

Hey....LOVE Cozumel.

It is very tourist friendly and has lots to offer.

We were there 5 times in the 12 months last year alone. I love it.

Cozumel can easily be done on your own. Taxis to any of the beach resorts are $12-15 one way for a taxi of up to 4 people. And there are more taxis than sand in Cozumel...so don't worry about getting back to the ship.

We always go to Paradise Beach. It is a free beach with no entrance fee and no charge for lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas etc. Even internet at the bar is free. They just expect you to eat/drink while you are there.

They also offer a $10 wristband for the use of all their nonmotorized water toys like karaks, water trampolines, iceberg, snorkling and land toys like climbing a coconut tree for all day. There is a deposit for the equipment, but it is returned in full when you return the equipment (like snorkel gear). Tom and his group run a great beach resort.

There is also all inclusives like Nachi Cocom that is more quiet and more adult. No water toys. It is $49.00 a person (that does not include the taxi to get there and back). But that does include all you can eat and drink.
They have a pool and a swim up bar. They do offer snorkeling, but that costs extra.

Snorkeling from the beach at any resort is not as good as snorkeling the reefs. But some folks like snorkeling from Chankanaab Park. It is $16 a person for an entrance fee. I am not positive if that includes snorkeling equipment.

Have a great day in Cozumel...my FAVORITE port!!!

mehawk February 22nd, 2008 09:33 PM

I stay away from the beaches but by choice, nothing against them.

cruisecouple February 22nd, 2008 10:48 PM

the jeep excursion with passion island is something I was irritated with myself that I didn't do with other friends last May. Fun and relaxing. Check out the pictures I posted Carnival Inspiration 5/3/2007. It was our girls' trip. Some of us went snorkeling, one went to Tulum and the others went to Passion Island and did the jeep thing to get there...

REDWITCH 13 February 23rd, 2008 02:10 PM

Check out Paradise Beach, or Mr. Sanchos Beach Club. Both have nice beaches, and "water toys" available.---> from Kuki

Kuki, is Mr. Sanchos Beach a free beach? If not, what is there prices, do you know?

Thank you Darlene (Red)

lhp February 24th, 2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
Check out Paradise Beach, or Mr. Sanchos Beach Club. Both have nice beaches, and "water toys" available.---> from Kuki

Kuki, is Mr. Sanchos Beach a free beach? If not, what is there prices, do you know?

Thank you Darlene (Red)

Mr. Sanchos is a free beach. We used to go there all the time before Paradise Beach opened up. Mr. S is still great....if you don't have any kids along. Paradise Beach has more water toys for kids....restrooms were a little nicer and free Internet at the bar.

But if it is just adults and you don't want to go to an all-inclusive like Nachi Cocom ($49.00 a person)....then Mr. S might just be the ticket. :D