Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Passenger

Default Chichen Itza shore tour $$$$ ???

Has anyone gone on the Chichen Itza shore tour fron the Fantasy I was wondering how much $$ it is to use Carnival tour I don't think I would feel comfortable going that far with local tour Call me chicken, but if it can go wrong it will with me :evil: Thanks for info

Ecstasy 1997
Imagination 2001
Holiday 2004
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli

Ky Cruiser;

We went on that tour w/Carnival a "few years ago". I think maybe 2003 or 2004 and at that time the cost was 89.00 or 99.00 and it was worth it.
I loved it. We went there in a nice air conditioned bus. We did stop at a small "shopping area" for a break. That was ok. The ruins are awesome and it takes some time to see it all. You can go by yourself or hookup with a guide or both. I did climb the pryamid and it was steep....narrow steps.
Kelli wouldn't do it but I always wanted to try it. The view was something to see. They have a rope you can use to steady yourself going up the steps and back down. They also had some pushy vendors who tried to sell you stuff before you left. Just so you know. I can not recall how long the whole tour is but you could find out by going on Carnival's site. I hope you go and that you enjoy it! Lee and Kelli
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Captain

I agree with Lee that Chichen Itza is a must see. It is an amazing place. Be sure to read about it before you go. (I always try to research a place before I visit it.) That will make it even more exciting for you.

Have a great time!!

Libragirl
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Passenger

Just went on the Holiday, and although Chichen Itza was the popular pick in Calica, I just could not see three hours on a bus there and back - even an air-conditioned one. Tulum is not as spectacular, as I understand, but is quite beautiful and much closer. Wouldn't you know my wife was ill that morning and we did not go to either.

I would definitely plan to book through the tour desk on board. Big plus is that if for any reason they are late getting back, the ship will wait for you. A lot can happen in seven hours ot throw you off schedule, and if you go local with the booking, the ship will have gone. That is just a lot of peace of mind for a worrywart like me.
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Thanks for info. We have been to the Tulem ruins twice & would go again. I believe we would really enjoy Chichen Itza. Just wondering on tour price since it has been 4 longs years since last cruise.

Ecstasy 1997
Imagination 2001
Holiday 2004
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Admiral

To one Ky. cruiser from another ( Lexington ) take the tour to Chichen Itza. It's well worth the money and bus ride.
I don't remember exactly how long the ride is but it's not 3 hours--maybe hour and half or little over. Anyway that's a good way to see some of the countryside as you go to and from the site. It's huge and would take several days to see and appreciate the scope of this place but a few hours there is certainly better than not seeing it at all.
Enjoy--it's now one of the wonders of the world.
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Captain

We went on the ecstasy in Jan and i believe it was 79.00 each. We took it from Progresso.

I wouldnt have done it on our own, way to long of a ride to risk being late to the durn boat!

Well worth it, i'd love to go back and spend a week thier. Incredible, truley incredible! For some reason i think they didnt let anyone film the ruins, heads up on that.

This is about the ONLY excursion i would buy from a ship, i prefer to go it alone, so far we've had good luck on our own after doing a bit of research in other ports...but in progresso there isnt much else to do!