Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to hothouseflower
Default Carnival Pride questions (first cruise)

Hello, I have a few questions, I found a room on the very back of the ship with a balcony and am trying to decide between this or just a regular balcony room, sounds fabulous to me to sit on the back and be able to see on both sides of the ship, but am I overlooking any problems with being on the back? Or does this sound like a good room choice?

Also, I hear you are allowed to bring one bottle of wine with you, has anyone else heard this or had any experience bringing a special bottle on?

How is the food? OH there are so many things to be curious about...

(Carnival Pride trip to Mexican Riviera in July)

THank you for any advice
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

if it's a wrap-around HANG ON TO THAT CABIN FOR DEAR LIFE!
btw, welcome to CruiseMates, you won't find a friendlier bunch anywhere else! Fire away about the Mexican Riviera and the Pride............she's a beautiful ship.

Captain
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Passenger

Default Thank you

Thank you so much, wow that is fast service! I am a first time cruiser and have been trying to be strategic about my room choice (to the point of printing out the deck plans and circling the best available rooms!), I can either get an upgrade for a balcony room higher up on the ship, or choose a balcony room on the back, it is not one of the nice wrap around ones, just one in the middle but it still sounds neat! I am not sure what the advantage is of the rooms on the higher decks...

OH, and how is the food? I am guessing there are enough choices that it will be fun...
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

HotHouseFlower,
Even though the Mrs and myself cruise a lot and I mean a lot , by no means do I consider myself an expert on things balconies because we only book insides although we have lucked out from time to time and been upgraded. So the following is just my opinion based on what I know about the Pride's layout:
1) Because the Pride is designed with a sloping back, I think that the lower level balconies located at back of the ship might allow you some more privacy from prying eyes looking down from the open decks!
2) The only other comment I have heard about from time to time about balconies located on the back of the ship is that you might occasionally experience soot deposits, ya know, that black stuff emitted thru the smokestack/funnel!
Other than that and if those things are not an issue for ya, I see no reason why you would not choose a rear facing balcony. But maybe others with more experience in this regard might chime in with their views.

The Mexican Riviera is one of our favorite runs, I think we must have done it, gosh, what? 12-15 times or so! Any questions, just feel free to ask, you will find folks here happy and WILLING to share with a newbie.

Check these links out too:
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/vie...ght=ports+call

www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=590572

As for food choices: Prepare to eat and eat and eat. Choices? Ya gotta be kiddin. From Buffets, Deli/Sanwich Bars, Pizzeria, Traditional Dining Rooms, Optional Pay Restaurant (David's), Burger/Hot Dog Grill and oh, if all that still leaves ya hungry, try 24-hr room service!
Wine: It is safe to assume you can carry with you onboard 1 bottle of wine each.

Captain
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Passenger

Default first cruise

Well, I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and advice. I have been a it of a frady-cat about making the decision to go on this trip. This cruise was choosen by my aunt so we were a little hesitant about going on a trip (and spending so much) for something we didn't choose (I will be travelling with my mom) but once that ticket is purchased, then it will be time to try not to worry we made the right decision to go, and just start to get excited, and, today is the day I have to take the plunge I think I will select the back balcony, it sounds nice to be able to see on both sides of the ship vs. just one.

Your comments about enjoying the Mexican Riviera locations has helped me feel a little better too as I don't yet know much about each of our destinations. It is a big relief to hear you like it enough to keep going back, makes me more excited about our trip.

Thank you so much for alleviating some of my worries and heightening my excitement.
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Well, I am booked on my first cruise now! All Aboard!
Carnival Pride to Mexican Riviera, any suggestions, advice or "things to do and see" ideas welcome. I love nature/animal type activities so I am not sure yet what all will be offered in each port, but I hope they will be fun!
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothouseflower
Well, I am booked on my first cruise now! All Aboard!
Carnival Pride to Mexican Riviera
Let the fun begin!!