Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival can't find my "past customer" records.

I just booked my second cruise with Carnival. I'll be on the Sensation March 6th, 2008 from Port Canaveral. Looking forward to it, but I'm a little sad that I might not get the perks of past customers because they can't find records that I sailed with them previously: In Fall of 1990 on the Fantasy.

My name hasn't changed. Only my address and phone number has changed since 1990.

This past weekend I called Carnival directly to book my reservation, and the reservation agent offered me a slight discount for being a past customer. When he couldn't find my name in the database, he took back the discount. He said it wasn't allowed. Then he said he would try to upgrade me to an oceanview cabin instead. Today my online confirmation shows an inside cabin category 4B. The location seems okay on the map, but am I settling for less than what I could have? Or do they simply upgrade guests to oceanview cabins at the last minute?

Before you guys scold me for not shopping around for an independent travel agent, I need to tell you that my travel partner wanted me to go directly to the source (Carnival) rather than use a third party travel agent. I guess a third-party travel agent messed up his vacation once, and he didn't want to risk not getting a cabin.

Do you suppose it would do me any good if I scanned a picture of me boarding the ship in 1990 to convince Carnival that I AM a past customer? Or should I just let it go and see what happens? I've got the pre-vacation jittters right now.

A Gal from cold, snowy Wisconsin
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Captain

Default Re: Carnival can't find my "past customer" records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend
I just booked my second cruise with Carnival. I'll be on the Sensation March 6th, 2008 from Port Canaveral. Looking forward to it, but I'm a little sad that I might not get the perks of past customers because they can't find records that I sailed with them previously: In Fall of 1990 on the Fantasy.

My name hasn't changed. Only my address and phone number has changed since 1990.

This past weekend I called Carnival directly to book my reservation, and the reservation agent offered me a slight discount for being a past customer. When he couldn't find my name in the database, he took back the discount. He said it wasn't allowed. Then he said he would try to upgrade me to an oceanview cabin instead. Today my online confirmation shows an inside cabin category 4B. The location seems okay on the map, but am I settling for less than what I could have? Or do they simply upgrade guests to oceanview cabins at the last minute?

Before you guys scold me for not shopping around for an independent travel agent, I need to tell you that my travel partner wanted me to go directly to the source (Carnival) rather than use a third party travel agent. I guess a third-party travel agent messed up his vacation once, and he didn't want to risk not getting a cabin.

Do you suppose it would do me any good if I scanned a picture of me boarding the ship in 1990 to convince Carnival that I AM a past customer? Or should I just let it go and see what happens? I've got the pre-vacation jittters right now.

A Gal from cold, snowy Wisconsin
Can't hurt to do that I suppose. It is quite likely that at some point typically 7 to 10 years that the company deletes its database of inactive customers 1990 is a long way to wait to cruise again Welcome back.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Admiral

This is what you need to do:

Go to www.carnival.com

Go under PROFILE

Once you are there click: Cruise History

You will see a spot to ADD cruises.

Punch in the ship and date sailed and any other information they ask for.

They will contact you to fax them PROOF. This is when you fax them a copy of your embarkation picture, luggage tags, cruise docs ...or any kind of proof you may have.

Carnival went to their current computer system at the end of 1990. We had to have 8 cruises added this way.

Any cruises prior to that do not show up in their system...but you can have them added.

Get on it and you may be able to get your discount back!!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Admiral

lhp got it exactly correct. I too have had many "old" cruises added to my Carnival record, simply by having old boarding passes, photos of me entering the ship, or anything else that I've run across showing that I was indeed aboard the ship, and many times, the date. The line has nothing to lose, and everything to gain by making you happy. Give it a shot!

Ken
"Sky"
Old February 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

They couldn't find my information either. I told them I still had everything from my first cruise. They said the booking number will work because they can verfiy it with a old booking number. I called later that day and it was passed on to Carnival. I was given a new past passenger number and I have been using it since...

Moral of the story--find the old booking number (must have number and info on it). If you do not have it, then there isn't much they can do for you.

I am a packrat when it comes to holidays, what few I have had. I keep almost everything!!!!!

Good luck, I hope you do get the number

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Admiral

I had to do the same thing. It worked.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Beginner

I would keep calling Carnival until you get someone that can find you were a past guest. Some of these agents work from home (I work for a company that used the same employees) and they aren't as well versed in helping customers as in house reps.

I cruised in 2001 and recently was able to get my past guest number. It gives you $100 off your cabin so it is worth pursuing.

BTW, I'm from Wisconsin too, in Monroe which is south of Madison. Hopefully booking an April cruise soon.
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I checked my profile and 2 cruises were missing..My very 1st cruise, the Celebration, and one of my 2 on the Fascination were not listed..I emailed them the dates, so lets see what happens....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 27th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Admiral

It is important to check the profile after each and every trip. Sometimes they mess up and it's good to get it corrected while you still have all the documentation. If the cruise is not posted after about a week or two it is time to follow up.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam