Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Beginner

Default Penthouse Suite (Cat 12) on the Elation. Benefits?

I'm taking a cruise on the Elation 5-17. I'm already addicted to balconies but unfortunately this ship only has Cat 11 and Cat 12 balconies. I'm trying to decide which I want and just want to hear what others think:
The Cat11 Suite is on a better deck (Verandah) which is right next to my friends inside cabin, and I think the view from the balcony will be better because it's higher.
The Cat12 Penthouse Suite has a bigger balcony but it's only onthe Upper deck - not nearly as high up. It's only $200 more per person though.
Are there any other perks in the Penthouse that you don't get in the Cat 11 other than size? I heard there was a bar - does that mean we can have bottles of liquor in there?

I'd love to hear what you guys think, especially if you've cruised in the Cat12 before...
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Admiral

I've never been in a cat 12, but last sept (1st cruise ever ) we had a cat 11. It was very roomy with a pretty good size balcony. There was a wet bar also, but no liquor, just water, soda and we had a refridge.
We also got VIP status which meant we get to board the ship in a much shorter line.
In fact we were the first on the ship after the wedding party. That was very cool and we were not physically able to stand for a long time.
3 of us stayed in our room and we are all large women, but we had plenty of room.
If I got a free upgrade I woul easily choose cat 12, but for me, I could use the extra $200 on the ship. 8) 8)
I hope this helps.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old February 28th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Familiar Face

Our first Cat 12 was on the Elation. Our friends were sailing in a Cat. 11. The Cat 12 is at least 2 x's the size of the Cat 11. IMHO, there was NO comparison between the Cat 12 and Cat 11. The Cat 12 was much better. there was a lot more motion from the ocean in the Cat 11 because it was so high up. The Cat 12's were mid ship and very stable. That being said...it the Cat 11 is near your friends, and you want to be near them, then book it. You have to weigh ALL of the pro's and con's..including where your travel companions are. Have a great cruise!