Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Passenger

Default Where to stay in New Orleans?

Ok, here's the deal. I'm trying to talk DH into going on another cruise. I have to have ALL i's dotted & t's crossed. I have found a 5 day from NO for 276.00 pp on Vacation to Go. I need to know a good place close to ship to stay night before sailing. How much is parking of car at port & if hotel allows you to leave your car during trip? Also how do you get luggage from hotel to ship? DH will not want to carry very far. We have been to NO before so I'm kind of familiar w/area. It's not that he does not like cruising, he does. But we already have a land vacation planned for this summer. Thanks for info. I LOVE THIS SITE

Ecstasy 1997
Imagination 2001
Holiday 2004
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Call the Holiday Inn Superdome for their cruise special. Go to this link and check out all the hotel options we've discussed there for next year's Bloggers Cruise out of NOLA. You'll find a scanned flyer with the cruise special from the Holiday Inn Superdome courtesy of Phil and Liz and all sorts of information.

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=590375
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Call the Holiday Inn Superdome for their cruise special. Go to this link and check out all the hotel options we've discussed there for next year's Bloggers Cruise out of NOLA. You'll find a scanned flyer with the cruise special from the Holiday Inn Superdome courtesy of Phil and Liz and all sorts of information.

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=590375

Thanks
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:05 AM
Passenger

We stayed (in Oct) at the Hotel New Orleans, which is right across the street from the convention center. It had been the Holiday Inn - Convention Center when we booked, but changed hands. The rooms were very nice and it was so convenient to everything - we walked down to Harrah's, were right across from a trolly/streetcar stop that took us to the French Quarter. They had a fenced parking area, too. We didn't leave the van there, though; we parked at the terminal, which was only 3-4 blocks away! BTW, I'm in KY, too; Russellville, which isn't exactly western KY, but close enough! I'm jealous - I'm ready to go back! Have a great trip!
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:31 AM
Passenger

We leave on the Fantasy April 5 and are staying at the Holiday Inn French Quarter. We found it on Hotwire for $55 a night. Hopefully that would help DH and any concern about the cost. It is not that far from the port but we are driving in so we will just drive there. Many hotels have cruise specials- check out their websites or call and ask! Many times people will be willing to work with you to get your business. Michelle
Old March 1st, 2008, 04:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

We stayed at the Ambassador in NO. It was really close to everything we wanted to do. It is only a couple of blocks from the Port. It was under $100 and had free parking which was a good thing. It is within walking distance to the French Quarter and Harrah's. We ate at NOLA one of Emerils resturants and it was fabulous. You will have fun in NO.

Old March 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We loved our room at the Omni. We had our own balcony overlooking the street below and courthouse it was an awesome fun location.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011