Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Passenger

Default Segway Review, Progresso/Merida

Just had to post a review of the Segway tour at the Progresso Port. We loved the Segway, other things need some tweaking.

Our guide was a bit late meeting us at the shops in Progresso, so that was a bit of a bummer, but the bigger bummer was the limited seating in the van. There were 15-17 in our group and the van was extremely crowded for the 30 minute ride to Merida - ouch seating. However, our guide "Mel Gibson' was very affable and charming.

Once we arrived at our spot, the beautiful boulevard in Merida, we had the Segway orientation and it was very thorough. We put on our helmets, knee pads and elbow pads, they started each one of us off individually. I am not a very physical person but I caught on immediately. This boulevard in Merida is lovely, tree lined, wide sidewalks, easy to ride on. They watched us carefully to make sure we got the hang of it, then we took off single-file. So fun!

We traveled to the Anthropology Museum - very serious, cool, history of the area - then back on the Segway, travel opposite direction to ice cream cafe, kind of like a fruit sorbet. It was hot outside, we were all hungry and this was very welcome. Back on the Segway, now we were all experts and loving every minute. Back of the line gets to race! ha, ha...

Eventually we were back in the van and I can say absolutely that NO ONE wanted to get off. Our guide took us back to Progresso to a good beach/shopping/eating area. Well, it was as good as Progresso gets - it's not Cozumel, but we really liked it. The vendors on the beach were cheaper than those we had encountered before, the food was good, we had a palapa, the beach was clean, only down thing is you are constantly, gently solicitated to buy goods and services.

Our guide waited for us and took us all back to the dock area. I totally recommend this for anyone - I have 2 knee replacements, a bum hip (I do swim everyday so I'm not a slug), and I did great.
Sponsored Links