Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default Got my free cruise information...

Now, please don't jump all over me for what I say...

I got the information in the mail today and I was so hoping that the letter would say more than it did. Alas, it didn't. I does say I won a free cruise in a 6A cabin, which is a Yipee moment, but the BOO HISS moment is that there is NO POSSIBILITY of an upgrade to a Cat 8A cabin with a balcony.

Ok, this is where I will call myself a spoiled brat, a princess, a diva, etc, etc, etc. I WANT, no I NEED a balcony. I need to be on deck 6-10, not deck 1 where the waves lap at the windows! How can I enjoy a cruise when I can't wake up to watch sail in and all I can do is look out a window and not feel the breeze in my face. Nor can I wake up slowly while enjoying the early morning sunshine on a balcony....

I know, you are all saying, but it is FREE, it is, but I find it hard to get excited about a cabin god-knows-where on the ship and in the (my words people!) bowels of the ship....I like to be near the central atrium and I wouldn't be happy being stuck at the back of the ship with no glass elevators. Heck, if I ever planned on taking a three, four, or five day cruise on any of the fantasy class ship I wouldn't have taken a oceanview, I would have booked a suite because I NEEDS me a balcony, price be damned!!!!

I an now resigned to using this free cruise for a three or four day and then booking a six/seven day that sails the next day, which isn't what I planned and will mean I'll need more spending money.

Oh why, oh why won't they let me upgrade...I can only call and ask, no beg, to be allowed to do an upgrade or say that It's my 6th cruise and 5th in two years...

I had wanted to go on the Freedom (a six day), but I might just think about going back through Galveston and do short one on the Fantasy and then a seven day on the Conquest again. That or a three day out of Miami and then a six day our of Ft. L......OY, why can't they just make it easier and give a balcony away on the ships with lots of balconies and a 6B or higher (so your now in the bowels of the ship) on Fantasy class ships...

I know, I hear the collective groan, it could have been a Cat 1A inside cabin in the bowels of the ship right below the anchor or wnches for the tie off ropes at the back....

Jeanette....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Sponsored Links
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Passenger

How did you win a cruise? And yes I must say you sound very spoiled...
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Granduer of the seas 2005

Old February 29th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Admiral

As one who has spent many a day in the bowels of the ship I can say that a bad day in the bilge is better than a good day at work.

Cheers
SD 8)
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:12 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Redheadsmama

Is it really necessary to ***** and moan the same topic
on two sites?

Grow up!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScurvyDog
As one who has spent many a day in the bowels of the ship I can say that a bad day in the bilge is better than a good day at work.

Cheers
SD 8)
I second that!

CARNIVAL GLORY 4/2007
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 8/2008
CARNIVAL GLORY 7/2009
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Weeellllll, I would tell you the cabin that you are complaining about, would be others peoples choice, to get to cruise. Cruise this one with a smile, and consider how lucky you were to have them pull your name.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to gfleo

The other possibility is to see if you can make s.o. happy if they allow a name change, or just don't go, because looks like you will need a psycologist after the cruise.
Caribbean Princess
C. Destiny
N.Pearl Nov
C.Valor Sept 2008
Ruby Princess
C.Splendor
Indy
Liberty OTS 2009
Carnival Liberty
Eurodam
Radiance OTS
Mariner OTS
C. Freedom
C. Triumph
Navigator OTS(TA)
C.Dream
Solstice 2010
Costa Fortuna
Summit
Norwegian Dawn
C.Glory Sept 2011
Brilliance OTS 2012
Mariner OTS (TA)
Liberty OTS
C.Breeze
C.Conquest
Serenade OTS TA (Nov '13)
C.Sunshine
Indy
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

time to learn to make some lemonade
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
Admiral

I didn't go anywhere for 15 years and now that I have the means to go, I will spoil myself and take advantage it while I am young, have my health, and money I can save. I can only hope that when my co-worker retires I get reclassed and get paid for what I do and not just have it under the "other related duties" category.....I never had a real vacation until I was 22, prior to that it was RV camping trips from hell...

I'll have to be happy with a bowels of the ship cabin, but I do hope they's upgrade it to a higher deck because I'm a past passenger, I know it's a shot in the dark, but sometimes the shots in the dark hit the mark..Everyone settles for what they want, me, I need a balcony because I like private time away from everyone and I spend a good 3-4 hours of the day in my cabin just relaxing on my own, so a balcony is essential. Also, I am up early (I was up at 5:15am and out on the baclony watching the sail in to Grand Cayman--can't do that in an oceanview cabin).

When I go for a vacation, I go with money to spend. I hear people spending only a few hundred on their sail and sign, me, well anywhere from $1000-2000. My last two cruises I brought over $2000 in cash/TC with me and came back with $100 or less. Needless to say, my vacations can cost (including cruise cost) upwards of $6000 (who needs to save for retirement!!!! Go for a vacation instead!!!).

I've looked and found a four and a five day that would take me back to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I'll be able to buy stuff for my works silent auction that are not available here or are 3X the cost.

Call me diva, princess, whatever, my tastes and my preferences are my own..

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

Old March 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If you're unhappy sailing in an outside cabin that you won, you might want to consider donating the cruise to a charity to auction off as a fundraiser (or something similar) and then simply purchase a cabin category you can enjoy.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
Passenger

OMG I'll take the bowels of the ship off your hands anytime

Ecstasy 1997
Imagination 2001
Holiday 204
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:14 PM
Admiral

Can't give it away or let someone else go If I could, I'd sned my niece and her mother (my wench in law)....

One word-Non trasferable....

I'll go, I just have to call them and do some serious sweet talking, or perhaps break down and cry, that ought to work.... 8)

I could say something I want to say right now, but the angel on my left should is telling me not too....

This board is much friendlier than some of the ones I goto occasionally. I like you folks, so please, be nice....

One day I'll join you all on a group cruise and you'll get to meet me, but until then I will go on my own where no one knows me...anonimity is a grand thing.

Jeanette......

As for my name, look up the band Cowboy Junkies and you will see where I get my name from...listen to the song, it is quite good...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

Old March 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
........This board is much friendlier than some of the ones I goto occasionally. I like you folks, so please, be nice...........
I saw what you are referring to.............boy did they come down hard on you!

Captain
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Captain

Have Commedian Marvin Bell put it on my last cruise You aint gotta do cook clean make beds etc and you have the nerve to complain lol

I dont see why if you were willing to pay the difference they could not upgrade you assuming space is availiable.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Just tell 'em it simple ain't good enough for you, and they can keep it. Maybe I'll win it next time! I'd take it in the blink of an eye. I'm not proud, I just love to cruise, in the bowels of the ship, or in the owners suite. I couldn't care less,,,just get me aboard.

Ken
"SKY"
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

So has the call to Carnival been made to see, if, paying the difference to get the desired cabin is doable?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Captain

i wish i had your problem

wanna come trade places with me that week, you can change diapers and wipe vomit and i'll suffer in with the non balcony thing

just go and have a great time and remember it could be worse (like not being there at all )
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Admiral

And, uhhhh, the Ecstasy is in Galveston withthe Conquest, not the Fantasy which is in New Orleans.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Now I have heard everything. Be grateful for what you have. To sit there and whine because something you got for free is not good enough for you just takes the cake. Poor you. I work hard to pay for a 4A with a single supplement. Happy enough just to be on a ship.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 4th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Put me on a cot by the elevator, I wouldn't mind.

If it's free, it's for me!

CARNIVAL GLORY 4/2007
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 8/2008
CARNIVAL GLORY 7/2009
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Wow, some of you are really blasting her for having her own preference! She is willing to pay the difference, so cut her some slack! We are supposed to be a friendly board.....not like some other boards!

I hope you got your upgrade! Have fun!

Melody
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Enjoy your cruise,hope it is possible for you to upgrade.
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Captain

"Put me on a cot by the elevator, I wouldn't mind".

I wanted to sleep on the Lido Deck one night apparently they don't like that.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Got my free cruise information...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
Now, please don't jump all over me for what I say...

I got the information in the mail today and I was so hoping that the letter would say more than it did. Alas, it didn't. I does say I won a free cruise in a 6A cabin, which is a Yipee moment, but the BOO HISS moment is that there is NO POSSIBILITY of an upgrade to a Cat 8A cabin with a balcony.

Ok, this is where I will call myself a spoiled brat, a princess, a diva, etc, etc, etc. I WANT, no I NEED a balcony. I need to be on deck 6-10, not deck 1 where the waves lap at the windows! How can I enjoy a cruise when I can't wake up to watch sail in and all I can do is look out a window and not feel the breeze in my face. Nor can I wake up slowly while enjoying the early morning sunshine on a balcony....

I know, you are all saying, but it is FREE, it is, but I find it hard to get excited about a cabin god-knows-where on the ship and in the (my words people!) bowels of the ship....I like to be near the central atrium and I wouldn't be happy being stuck at the back of the ship with no glass elevators. Heck, if I ever planned on taking a three, four, or five day cruise on any of the fantasy class ship I wouldn't have taken a oceanview, I would have booked a suite because I NEEDS me a balcony, price be damned!!!!

I an now resigned to using this free cruise for a three or four day and then booking a six/seven day that sails the next day, which isn't what I planned and will mean I'll need more spending money.

Oh why, oh why won't they let me upgrade...I can only call and ask, no beg, to be allowed to do an upgrade or say that It's my 6th cruise and 5th in two years...

I had wanted to go on the Freedom (a six day), but I might just think about going back through Galveston and do short one on the Fantasy and then a seven day on the Conquest again. That or a three day out of Miami and then a six day our of Ft. L......OY, why can't they just make it easier and give a balcony away on the ships with lots of balconies and a 6B or higher (so your now in the bowels of the ship) on Fantasy class ships...

I know, I hear the collective groan, it could have been a Cat 1A inside cabin in the bowels of the ship right below the anchor or wnches for the tie off ropes at the back....

Jeanette....
Oh, well. You know you're going to get some garbage over your post. But what can you do? I understand that you want to upgrade and I'd say keep after them. Maybe you will be able to at the last minute.

My wife and I won a cruise back in 2006. It was a pretty basic three day cruise. Not what I would have chosen but we had a great time anyway. Concentrate on the Yipee! It works.
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstill
Wow, some of you are really blasting her for having her own preference! She is willing to pay the difference, so cut her some slack! We are supposed to be a friendly board.....not like some other boards!

I hope you got your upgrade! Have fun!

Melody
wow, actually i'm sure most all would agree including the OP that this post has been way nice lol. I adore the OP but still wanted to spank her hiney for posting it lol!

This board is almost too nice sometimes lol, i can feel lots of people "holding back" but i think we all wish we had a free cruise and find it hard to not just be happy its free, but at the same time we all understand her want for the upgrade....

I can also understand how hard it is for some people to get to cruise at all and its human nature to be jealous and a little irritated by this thread.

Again, that being said, she got lots of good advise and very little ribbing. Ask her and i'm betting she loves this board more now than when she started it, esp how she got BLASTED at the other board.

Now lets all hold hands and sing KUMBA YA, MY LORD, KUMBA YA!
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

KUMBA YA, MY LORD, KUMBA YA!

Melody