Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Beginner

Default Group of 5?

First time cruiser here and this is probably a silly question but I have noticed that on most of the travel agent's sites there are drop downs to indicate the number of passengers in the group and all go up to a max of 5 passengers. Are there really any Staterooms that can sleep 5 passengers in one room?
Thanks in advance and any advice on accomodating a group of 5 will be appreciated!
ARB
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:09 AM
Captain

I believe that one some of the older ships they bring in a roll a way bed at nighttime. Are there 3 children in your party of 5 or are they all adults? You might consider 2 connecting rooms. The extra bathroom will come in nice. On the spirit class ships they have an inside room that connects to a balcony room up front if the bow. To help offset the cost you might try 2 connecting inside cabins.

Keep us posted.

AKcruiser
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the response!!
Yes this is a group of 5 adults and one of the 5 has to have a window so I'm thinking 2 rooms will be necessary.
Just wondering why those drop down things go all the way up to 5 if there are no rooms that accomodate 5 passengers.
Maybe we can find a 6th for our group and get 3 rooms so that noone has to pay a single cruiser rate in order not to be squished in a room with 3?
Thanks again, and all advice welcome and appreciated!!!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Captain

Check out some of the suites also. I believe they might accommodate 5. If they do, you'll have a reduced rate for 3 people and you can divide the total cost between the 5 of you for an overall equal rate. But if it were me with 5 adults, I'd get 2 rooms so you'd have 2 bathrooms. Some can shower in the gym as well.

What ship are you considering?

AKcruiser