Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Spirit Suite?

I have a few questions about cruising if you have a cat.11 suite. Yesterday we saw that a wrap around cat.11 came available for the Carnival Spirit and decided this is a once in a lifetime cruise so we're going to go all out! Now my question is what to expect compared to traveling in a non-suite. I haven't had a cat.11/12 before so we're just trying to see what to expect, besides the very generously sized cabin! Has anyone used the VIP Check-in in Vancouver?

Thanks everyone didn't think it was possible to be MORE excited for this trip!
05/14/2008 Carnival Spirit (Glacier Bay - Alaska)
11/12/2007 Carnival Freedom (US Inaugural - W Carib)
02/01/2007 Celebration (Bahamas)
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Passenger

What cabin did you get? We have two wrap cabins one on main and one on veranda. The cabins are actually set up different from other cabins. I am not sure if all are like this but some have two seperate spaces. A living area and bedroom. As for suite perks there are not really any except VIP check in. VIP check in varies from port to port. On one cruise out of port Canaveral our relatives without VIP got on the ship before us. So you never know. We have never been to Vancouver so I don't know what it will be like. Cindy
Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

We got 5295 on the Upper Deck, originally we had 7349 (cat 8G) on Verandah deck. So are we going to be directly above you then? Or are you on the Port side of the ship?

I'm hoping the VIP check-in at Vancouver is nice, it would make for a great start to the trip. And from the pics I've seen it looks like there are two separate rooms in the cabin which will be nice. It says VCR though, would it have DVD yet? lol
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Passenger

If they haven't done the refurb on the Spirit yet they probably still have a vcr. They only change those type of things when they do a major refurb. I hope the VIP office is as nice as the new one in MIami. They had a very nice, large lounge to wait to board the ship.

My brother will be in the cabin right below yours. We will look up for you. Maybe we will see you in the VIP lounge. Cindy
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Passenger

Default Loved that aft suite balcony.

Sailed on the Spirit 3 year ago. Vancouver to Hawaii. We had cabin 8273. We loved having two seperate areas. Nice size bath with tub and a walk-in closet was really nice. Very large vanity area which the wife loved. The Balcony is huge and isn't as closed in as the regular ones. The angle of the ship allows more sun light. We had a few get togethers with up to 10 people and it was fine. I have pics on a different PC if interested.
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Loved that aft suite balcony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCruisers
Sailed on the Spirit 3 year ago. Vancouver to Hawaii. We had cabin 8273. We loved having two seperate areas. Nice size bath with tub and a walk-in closet was really nice. Very large vanity area which the wife loved. The Balcony is huge and isn't as closed in as the regular ones. The angle of the ship allows more sun light. We had a few get togethers with up to 10 people and it was fine. I have pics on a different PC if interested.
Ah alright, same cabin as us but 3 decks above! I'd love those pictures if you have a chance =)

Has anyone who has stayed on an Upper deck cat 11 wrap around noticed a slightly different room configuration? In pictures of the back of the ship it appears they have less windows than the other cat 11's at the back and the pictures I've seen have been a bit different. It looks like the sitting area and bedroom aren't separated in the ones on the Upper Deck. Can anyone confirm or shed some light on that? Not that I'm complaining, just curious!