Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Passenger

How about Destiny #2335. It must be very unique. It is supposed to be a 1A interior (cheapest we could get) with upper and lower bunks but it has a window and our agent thought it was better than a porthole even. It in the rear of the ship next to what looks like stairs and under the dining room. One year we had an opportunity to upgrade so it would be nice to know in advance what this one is like. Not excited about the bunks but the window sounds good.
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Familiar Face

We just got our cabin assignment E229 on Inspiration (we booked an OV guarantee). Is this a good room? This is our first cruise.
Old March 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Passenger

m78 AND m74 - could not have been quieter on Ecstasy. We loved it. Had a window, but no balcony. Maybe it was beginner's luck b/c we didn't know a thing about categories, etc. when we booked. It was just right for us. We're going back for sure. At first I thought, I wish we were closer to 'the action' but then I came to see the value of staying in a quieter spot. Walking is no big deal and it was never that far from anything.

Best of luck -
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

I was in 8346 on Conquest and it was a-ok only heard them moving deck chairs a couple of times but I am early riser so no problem there . In saying that the couple in next room well lets say I HEARED IT ALL
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old March 21st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubik82
We just got our cabin assignment E229 on Inspiration (we booked an OV guarantee). Is this a good room? This is our first cruise.
E-229 should be a good location. The only concern that you might have, is that it's under the buffet area, and you may have a little bit of noise from that area, but I certainly wouldn't worry about it. I think you'll find this to be an excellent cabin.
Have a GREAT cruise.

Ken
"SKY"
Old April 5th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Passenger

Default inspiration

Hi
How are the cabins on inspiration??????????
leave for my 1st cruise may 1st 2008 real soon

Free Cruise Clocks
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Passenger

Default Well.....

We stayed in room e158 on the sensation and it had alot of kitchen noise in the m,iddle of the night as in banging pots and so forth... We still loved everything about the cruise and could not wait to do it again anyway. We did not notice anything else that was objectionable about the whole ship and just took the noise as a learning experiance on room choices lol.
Old April 7th, 2008, 01:09 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

All I can say is that we've been between aft of mid-ship on Empress and Upper decks on Imagination, Fantasy and Inspiration and I loved it. Main deck, same area on Triumph and loved it too...slept like a baby.....I'm getting nervous about the balcony on Panorama coming up on Liberty May 4th. I think my relief band will be well-used.

Old April 7th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Beginner

we are cruising on the Valor in Nov. and have cabin 7208...does anyone know if this is a good cabin?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Familiar Face

We sailed on the Valor in September '07 and were upgraded from our interior cabin to a "partially obstructed" ocean view cabin, M2449. Turns out the obstruction was the very forward part of the scaffolding assembly that they use to paint the sides of the ship. While the device was quite obvious outside of the picture window we didn't find it intrusive or obnoxious in any way. We still had a great view that we wouldn't have had otherwise. Still, I thought I would post this for anyone who might be wondering what the "obstruction" amounts to....

NCL STAR: 10/25/10
GLORY: 10/31/09
MONARCH OF THE SEAS: 08/31/09
LIBERTY: 11/15/08
VALOR: 09/30/07
IMAGINATION: 09/00
STARSHIP OCEANIC: 92
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Passenger

Default Destiny And Conquest Class Vessels

On the Destiny And Conquest class vessels, stay away from the forward and aft cabins on deck 6. Noises from deck 5 can get pretty annoying. I had a cabin on deck 6 fwd (above the show lounge) on the Carnival Liberty. One day while I was in the cabin, I could clearly hear the song "Dancing Queen" by ABBA being played over, and over, and over again. I first thought someone was blasting music in the hallway. It was actually coming from the show lounge below me! I have also heard of noise complaints from people who stayed in the aft section of deck 6.
Carnival Miracle 12/23/08
Carnival Legend 4/1/07
Carnival Liberty 1/1/06,11/21/06
Caribbean Princess 5/28/05
Norwegian Wind 3/20/04
Carnival Legend 12/20/02, 3/18/03
Carnival Fascination 11/1/02
Carnival Victory 3/17/02
Carnival Triumph 3/17/01
RCI Majesty Of The Seas 1/5/01
Carnival Ecstasy 1/15/99, 2/04/00
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cabins on Freedom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl18
Does anyone know anything about cabins on Freedom? We have booked 7316 and 7318 on Empress Deck. I thought this would be good because there are cabins above and below. I think they are quite near the elevators though. Hope that's not a problem!
I had cabin 8412 it was aft. I liked that cabin alot because it was close to an elevator but far enough that you didn't get elevator noise. Also we had Posh dining room so it was easy to hop on the the elevator down to deck 4 and you are right at the dining room. Same with the lido buffets. It sound like your cabin is very near where mine was only on a different deck.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
First Mate

Cabin 8141 on the Miracle, and I suppose the matching room 8144, has a metal staircase on the Lido deck attached just above the cabin so you can hear most of the traffic up and down that staircase all the time.

The crew also stores the deck chairs under those staircases for the night. Every night about 11:30 - 12 you can hear them stacking the chairs and sliding them under the stairs. Some time around 5 – 5:30 you can heard them dragging the chairs back out again.

It didn't ruin our cruise, but we didn't get a lot of sleep either.
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Beginner

Default cabins

Well, maybe I had a few to many miami's vice's and maragrita's, but our cabins were awesome, I heard nothing! felt nothing! saw everything!
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Cabin U217 on the Holiday is not a good choice if you do not want to be awoken to the loud noises of the winches and hawsers whenever the ship docks. All the as-aft-as-you-can-go aft cabins on the Holiday and Celebration on Upper deck should be avoided, unless you like to get up before 6 or 7am (if in port that day).

Both the Holiday and Celebration are going out of service soon, so those who are sailing on the ships and have those cabins on that deck, you have been warned of what will happen in port!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Passenger

Question:

How are the cabins on Riviera and Main (on Triumph)? They're so low, I'm afraid all we'll hear is the engines roaring. Any insight is appreciated!
Old June 6th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Beginner

Default CONQUEST ROOM 9201

WE WERE IN 9201 ON THE CONQUEST IT IS AN OAEAN VIEW BUT WAS OBSTRUCTED BY GUARDRAIL AND FLAGPOLE. MAIN COMPLAINT IT WAS SMALLER THAN AN INSIDE STATEROOM. TRY TO ADVOID THIS ONE.
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Howdy All
We are in Conquest Cabin #8340 balcony any comment on this one!
thanks
debbyedoops
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to hothouseflower
Default wrap around balcony

I found these photos on webshots of a wrap around balcony (Pride), looks pretty sweet...I think these are of 4228.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/146127830RchNhk
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:24 PM
First Mate

panorama 1063... I thought I was going to love it. The location was wonderful but I can be a light sleeper and I heard the elevator opening and closing and the entrance outside opening and closing....plus the stewards deck pantry was catty-corner to us...I'll take my empress deck oceanview over the balcony the next time...

Old June 6th, 2008, 10:25 PM
First Mate

oops forgot to tell the ship - liberty

Old April 7th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cabin 7208 & 7212 on Carnival Freedom???

We are booked on Carnival Freedom this summer on the Upper Deck right above the 70's disco. At the time these were the cabins we were assigned. They are two cabins side by side. We always travel in connecting cabins but this was not an option when we booked.

No two cabins on the Empress Deck have opened up. Theyare connecting which is what we wanted because of our children. However, I have read that there are some concerns with cabin 7208, in particular. I read a complaint about the extended overhand due to the bridge. For me, this is not so much an issue as I do not plan to sunbathe on the balcony. I kind of like the idea of the balcony not being so sunny and a bit on the shady side.

However, noise is my problem. I like to relax and also get a good nights sleep. Does anyone know if there is a problem with noise in cabin 7208. If there is then maybe we should just stay witht he cabins we already have.

Confused, please help!!!
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP View Post
Captain -

I think one can find problems with almost every cabin on a ship - some because they are close to crew ladders, some because they are under the disco, etc.

Me, I am just happy to be in a cabin on a cruise.

BTW - I had cabin M262 on one cruise on the Smokefree Paradise and loved it. Despite the fact that the cabin was immediately above the engines and props, I got a vibrating bed for free.

MTSFP

M262 is above the Riviera deck. And below the Riv deck are ships decks 1 and 2 and below that are mechanical spaces. The engines are way forward of your room M262. The engines are below the Carnival Whale tail, not in the aft. See the blank space forward of the aft elevators. The engines are a number of decks below that. What you OCCASIONALLY feel in aft cabins is prop cavitation, a 100% normal vibration that happens on every type of prop driven sea craft. As the prop slashes through the water a vacuum forms on the back of the prop, water rushes in to fill this vacuum causing a vibration. It normally happens during starting out and changing speeds.

51 cruises, all cabins have been fine. Many were aft, so I felt the normal vibrations when they happened. But I have seen people nearly panic and go very pale when they felt that vibration in a aft dining room. Not understanding what it is, the immediate thought is that something is wrong. Its just the Old Lady of the Sea not appreciating a couple million pounds of steel pushing her aside.
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhf108 View Post
Question:

How are the cabins on Riviera and Main (on Triumph)? They're so low, I'm afraid all we'll hear is the engines roaring. Any insight is appreciated!

You WILL NOT hear an engine sound in a passenger cabin on any cruise ship. Carnival or any other line.
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Admiral

DREAM - Spa Cabin 11223
It is an interior cabin that can have a horrible "gong" sound if the ship hits the waves just right. We had 18 hours of it. (not bad for a 9 day cruise, but note worthy)

GLORY - 2385 (interior) 2386 (OV) We have stayed in both and both were unreasonable warm. (one year apart) Both times we had maintenance come and both times they could not fix it.

If I am remembering correctly, it was 78 during the day and 76 at night. But both times were not during the summer....so I can not imagine how warm they get on summer cruises. On the UP side, if you are like our oldest son who prefers to live in a hot house...these are the cabins for you.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND