Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Passenger

Default Back from Inspiration

Hi everyone! We are back home from the Inspiration. Grand Cayman and Cozumel were great. We went to Margaritaville in Cyman. I will answer any questions any of you have about the cruise. We had one rough night and sea out of 5 so not too bad. The waves were so high they were coming up to our window (Riviera deck).
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Admiral

The ship, How were the new upgrades, Pool, slide, serenity deck, food, service, cabins? Cruise director? Tampa Port easy on/off? Valet rather than self park? I am sure I will think of more.

CARNIVAL GLORY 4/2007
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 8/2008
CARNIVAL GLORY 7/2009
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
Passenger

Well thanks for posting here as we will sail on that ship in 63 days. How was the shows on the ship? Did you do any excursions and if so what were they and did you enjoy them?
DannDeb
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
First Mate

Welcome Home!

I live in the Tampa Bay area and was dockside checking out the channelside area when Inspiration returned. I will be "first-time" cruising in May and hope that you found everything on Inspiration in tip-top shape!

Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Passenger

The port is very simple to find. We took the Channelside exit and there was the aquarium and the cruise terminal. The upgrades were very nice. The TV's are the nicest I have seen (flat pannel). We boarded the ship late because the Inspiration had arrived late due to fog. Our life boat drill went very smooth, and we all looked very great in orange.

The pools were nice, and the new slides looked awesome. I did not try them but several people had nothing but praises. The shows were great. Shout was grear. There is a brand new show, I cannot remember the name but it is something like fiesta. The singers Cassandra and Brett are great.

The food is never ending and plentiful. My aunt uncle and I ate in the dining room one night, but I was not too impressed. (if you do not set foot in the dining room all cruise go down to the pursrs desk and ask for that to be taken off your bill. It saved my parents 27 dollars)

We decided to valet an it was I beleive 75 dollars for a 5 day. So much easier to valet then to self-park. Less walking. Risa is the cruise director and she is great. She has a great group of people that help her with the activites. Phil, Kevin, and Morganna, Sandra(Mamasita) and a few more. I saw a lot of Phil and Kevin. Kevin and Phil are very funny on their own and together. Kevin is not to hard on the eyes either.

I did not do any excursions but my mom went to Tulum. She loved it, but keep in mind that it is a 7 hour excursion and if you want to shop in Cozumel you will not have a lot of time.

Yes the ship was in great condition, and it holds up well. We had one very rough night at sea where the waves were 10-15 feet high. We also had 50 mph winds. The lower you go on the ship the more creaking but that is normal.

Danielle

Carnival Inspiration- 2-25-08
Carnival Sensation- 2-13-07
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Thanks for all the info Danielle.

CARNIVAL GLORY 4/2007
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 8/2008
CARNIVAL GLORY 7/2009
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ara0926

Since I have a thing for Red Headed British Guys, Phil was more my type! Plus he ended up being at every activity my friend Sarah and I participated in. he deemed us the "Crazy Girls." Loved Morganna! Kevin was really nice as was Mamsita was nice but we hardly saw them!

Was Felipe still on board as Assistant Cruise Director? Risa was at the CD conference so Felipe filled in as the Head Honcho!

Glad to hear you had great trip!

Ashley
Carnival Glory 2010 St. John NB Canada
Carnival Legend 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit 2009 Alaska
Carnival Splendor 2008 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Sensation 2008 Nassau
Carnival Inspiration 2008 Cozumel
Carnival Glory 2007 Western Caribbean
Elation 2006 Eastern Caribbean
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
Passenger

Was there some reason that the food in the dinning room was not good? I am sailing on the inspiration in 12 days.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Admiral

Sounds GREAT, and the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I can hardly wait to cruise "Inspiration" again. We're especially anxious to see the upgrades. Thanks for all the information.

Ken
"Sky"
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Passenger

The food was fine in the dining room. I was thinking more of the atmosphere in the dining room. Yes he was still on board, and was telling me to vote for him as captain. I saw more of Kevin and a little of Phil and all the others.