CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   has anyone checked a case of water with just a luggage tag? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/347793-has-anyone-checked-case-water-just-luggage-tag.html)

rgwiazdzinski March 2nd, 2008 07:51 PM

has anyone checked a case of water with just a luggage tag?

has anyone checked a case of water with just a luggage tag taped to it :?:

Lou 123 March 2nd, 2008 08:52 PM

On our last cruiise we brought 2 12 packs of pop and they wrapped them together with plastic and attached a luggage tag and we left it with our luggage. No problems, they arrived to our room with the luggage.

Ky Cruiser March 2nd, 2008 09:52 PM

I have never taken water, because the water on the ship is really good & free. I carried a few(maybe 4) bottles of water & would refill them at the Lido deck buffet, it is available 24hrs. I kept the bottle on ice in cabin. A small softside cooler comes in handy too.

Ecstasy 1997
Imagination 2001
Holiday 2004

gfleo March 2nd, 2008 10:13 PM

yes, the water on the ship is much better than in most countries

mteague March 3rd, 2008 10:07 AM

Yes, I have....but you might want to wrap it with additional shrink wrap or packing tape because we had several bottles missing. You could see where the plastic cover had been stretched when it was being transferred and about six bottles were missing.

Melody

rgwiazdzinski March 3rd, 2008 04:31 PM

thanks for the info

mehawk March 3rd, 2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstill
Yes, I have....but you might want to wrap it with additional shrink wrap or packing tape because we had several bottles missing. You could see where the plastic cover had been stretched when it was being transferred and about six bottles were missing.

Melody

Good advice.

tjwalkingon March 5th, 2008 08:34 AM

I checked a cooler with 3 12 packs of cokes in it. I taped it good incase it got upside down then put my tag on it. No problem.

Jayne10 March 6th, 2008 10:58 AM

I am so happy to hear the good information on tap water on board. Water is my drink of choice, and I usually refill bottles from a gallon filter container I keep in my fridge. I will bring one bottle, and that's it....refill the rest of the week!!
Jayne

washdcbmwfan March 7th, 2008 01:53 PM

Maybe I am being judgemental growing up in savannah ga but I think the checking the cooler thing is a little "redneck" IMO. Just throw some drinks in a piece of luggage if you need to bring on drinks.

tjwalkingon March 9th, 2008 09:26 AM

I am kinda redneck! But the reason for the cooler is I have a bad stomach and drink a lot of milk and I have to have it really cold. I go thru a lot of cokes to and like them really cold but the main reason is the milk.