Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Beginner

Default New Cruiser - Help Please - Carnival Glory

A few questions...

*I see you're allowed to bring one bottle of wine (750ml). Am I supposed to bring this with my carry-on bag and show them that I'm of age or should I just put it in my bag?

*I know you aren't allowed to bring more alcohol, but do they really check? Does alcohol in the shampoo bottles work or do I not need to even try really?

*Is all the food actually included (24hr pizza, buffets all you can eat?)?

*Will I be able to get free internet in my room?

*How big are the rooms? We have 4 people in our party. I guess we're going to be sharing beds? Is there room for a cot/will it cost money?

Thanks! I leave this Saturday and can't wiat!
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Passenger

I have brought on a bottle of wine in my bag. You will have to pay a $10 cork fee. They say you are not allowed to pack any other alcohol. I am not sure how strict they are when it comes to checking.
There is plenty of food to eat and there is not an additional charge.
The internet is not free. You can pay for a plan to use the internet.The rooms a very small. My two teen daughters and I shared one room last May. The girls had bunk beds and I had a single bed. There was not much room but we had a ball.
Enjoy your trip!
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: New Cruiser - Help Please - Carnival Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCruiser20
A few questions...

*I see you're allowed to bring one bottle of wine (750ml). Am I supposed to bring this with my carry-on bag and show them that I'm of age or should I just put it in my bag?
Either will work

*I know you aren't allowed to bring more alcohol, but do they really check? Does alcohol in the shampoo bottles work or do I not need to even try really?
It will probably work but is it really worth the trouble? They sell booze on the ship.
*Is all the food actually included (24hr pizza, buffets all you can eat?)?
YES
*Will I be able to get free internet in my room?
NO.. no free internet anywhere
*How big are the rooms? We have 4 people in our party. I guess we're going to be sharing beds? Is there room for a cot/will it cost money?
No room is big enough for 4 people. You will probably have 2 beds and 2 upper bunks. No charge over what you have paid.
Thanks! I leave this Saturday and can't wiat!
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Admiral

As far as the internet goes you can purchase internet time on the ship.

Now for the booze, there are quite a few ways around it, if it is really worth it to you. I would rather not go through the trouble, since I don't really drink all that much.

You can put your clear alcohol ie: Vodka & Gin in either sprite bottles or water bottles. As far as dark alcohol ie: Scotch, Bourbon, Dark Rums, you can put those in coke bottles.

I was not going through the hassel of doing this but I know a few who think it is worth it.

It's all up to you!

CARNIVAL GLORY 4/2007
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 8/2008
CARNIVAL GLORY 7/2009
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

You don't need to transfer the alcohol into different bottles....just pack it in your checked luggage. If the bottles are glass, then I would consider transferring the contents to a plastic bottle. Also, I would put each bottle in a plastic grocery bag and then put all of them into a garbage bag....just in case they break. Also, bring some sample sizes of laundry detergent....to wash your clothes, if the bottles leak or break.

I brought alcohol onboard my last cruise. We mixed drinks in our room maybe twice...then I had to carry all of it back home. It wasn't worth it to me and I don't think I will ever go to that amount of trouble again. I did pack the alcohol in a separate bag and cushioned it with pillows. Nothing broke or leaked, but my nephew had a whole bottle of Petron in his bag and it was all over everything. He borrowed my detergent and was washing clothes as soon as his luggage arrived.

Bring your wine in your carryon.

No free internet, but you can buy blocks of time. And it gets cheaper as the days go by.

All of your food on the ship is included....not soft drinks. I taped a luggage tag to a case of water and a pack of soft drinks and they were delivered to my cabin. Just remember to reinforce the water and drinks with extra shrink wrap or packing tape. The transfer process can be brutal on the packaging. Room service food is free, just remember to bring small bills to tip your server, porter, drivers and guides on shore excursions, rent lockers on shore, etc.

The cabins are small. Four adults will have to be VERY close friends. However, you aren't in your cabin very much! You won't need a cot. You will have two twin beds with two pullman bunks that fold out of the wall and when all beds are out, you will have very little room to navigate.

Have fun!

Melody