Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Default Bringing Alcohol on board

Hi
I know you are'nt supposed to bring booze on your cruise. But if i did,what is the best way to do this?

Thanks
Bitsyb
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Bringing Alcohol on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsyb
Hi
I know you are'nt supposed to bring booze on your cruise. But if i did,what is the best way to do this?

Thanks
Bitsyb
The very simple and straightforward answer is to just pack it in your checked luggage.

But I do have to laugh everytime we see this question. It reminds me of an incident that occured in my own home.........

A few weeks back when one Kuki Jr was home from college visiting; he was showing Mrs. Kuki how she could download free audio books to her IPOD.

I asked them if afterwards he was going to show her how to shoplift... and once that lesson was learned, if they planned to rob a bank together.

Old March 6th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Welcome to CruiseMates, it would be best if you did not SMUGGLE any booze onboard.

Captain
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to jMCk

Quote:
Hi

Thanks
Bitsyb

two ways... open a win bottle and put what you want in there then recork it... or buy a mouth wash bottle and pour it out... then put it in there... not like i have dont before lol
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jMCk
Quote:
Hi

Thanks
Bitsyb

two ways... open a win bottle and put what you want in there then recork it... or buy a mouth wash bottle and pour it out... then put it in there... not like i have dont before lol
Honestly, if you are going to take alcohol onboard... NONE of those gyrations are necessary. As I said... its simple... pack it in your checed luggage. Can't imagine much worse than booze tasting of mouth wash.
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the advice!! :o
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Admiral

I know the rules are not to bring booze on board, but they do allow a whole bottle of champange or wine per person. My sister and I don't drink either so we brought 1 bottle of booze between us. And trust me, still spent plenty of money at the bar.

The thing is... if they ask me to remove it, or they take it from me or whatever... I've got no problem with that, I know it's the rule and I would not hold it against Carnival for upholding their policy. 8) 8)
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old March 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Admiral

You can bring one bottle of wine per person on board with you. We carried it right on board in plain sight. Its legal do to so. No one ever mentioned the size of the wine.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
You can bring one bottle of wine per person on board with you. We carried it right on board in plain sight. Its legal do to so. No one ever mentioned the size of the wine.
Well they didn't until recently... My original cruise docs didn't specify size but on their site it now says 750ml. Go figure... As far as sneaking it on board, I just went ahead and ordered a couple of bottles from the Bon Voyage dept. If anyone were to be caught it would be me.

10-90 Holiday Carib
10-91 Princess S. Carib
1-93 Jubilee Carib
7-96 Holiday Mexico
3-08 Pride Mexico
10-08 Paradise Mexico
3-09 Pride Panama
5-09 Splendor Canada
Old March 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Beginner

Default Bringing Wine on board

Hi again
So do you put the wine in your luggage? Do you have to declare the wine?
Also what is the size limit?

Thanks
bitsyb
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
First Mate

Whenever I see this question, I wonder if people realize the impact that their decisions can potentially have on the fares we all pay.

On Carnival, the fares are low because they want you to spend your money on drinks and gambling - it is where they make their profits, quite frankly.

Also, how many of you are aware that even the entertainers are evaluated on how much liquor is sold in the lounges they play.

All in all, I view the liquor portion of my Sign & Sail card as part of my cruise price. I have absolutely no problem with paying the inflated prices and, in fact, have found myself getting extra special service because of my willingness to so pay. One cruise, the bartender wanted to get rid of the rest of a bottle of 151 rum, so my Pina Coladas (or were they Banana Daiquiris) that evening were powerful.

On another cruise, we befriended the sommelier in the Supper Club. She proceeded to introduce me to many different varieties of wine that I had never even consider - on the house.

So, I say pay the price. You saved enough on the cruise fare to splurge a little.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

MTSFP wrote:
On another cruise, we befriended the sommelier in the Supper Club. She proceeded to introduce me to many different varieties of wine that I had never even consider - on the house.

On our cruise my husband befriended the Assistant Maitre'de and a few evenings later he sent us a bottle of wine to our table. Very nice of him and it reflected in a nice tip.

We don't mind paying extra because we do consider it part of our cruise cost.

Old March 7th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to jMCk

all in all drinks are good last time i went on a cruise for a bachelor party.. we each had a $400 tab at the end of the cruise.. yet we still had wine and other stuff to drink along the way. not to say all the ladies that bought the other half of the drinks for us. so just imagine how much it would have cost if we didnt bring the wine and all the extras with us. yes yes i know .. bachelor party= a lot of drinking. just saying oh and by the way... all the bar and waiters knew our names and we tipped them extra nice
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
First Mate

I really don't mind the bar tab at the end of the cruise. I figure I'm on vacation. What I get a kick out of, though, is how cheap beer can be in different ports. It's a blast to get a beer for a buck on some islands! So, that can keep your costs down as well. Just as long as you can get back on the ship after drinking all day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Admiral

I'm going to go all legit on you. If you call the bon voyage department they can deliver the bottle of booze to your room for you to drink during the cruise. It is more expensive then at on land. A liter bottle of absoult(sp?) Vodka is $40. However that is cheaper then buying individual drinks and it is within their policy. They also sell Rum, Gin, and Burbon(sp?). Here is a link to the information from Carnival's site. I have cruised Carnival before I didn't know they did this until recently.
http://www.carnivalconnections.com/c...344/49639.aspx

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM
First Mate

To answer your question the answer is NO

You can take one bottle of wine per person.

You can go to carnivals web site and it will tell you there
what you can bring with you..

Sammy
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Beginner

i bought a bottle of jim beam in a travel plastic container and the vodka i just poured in aa water bottle and put them in the suit case,no big deal
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
Yeah, there is a diff't corkage fee for larger size bottles if you decide to drink it at your dinner table. I think it's dumb but whatever...
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Captain

I split my 2 bottles of wine I carried one and my friend (A non drinker) carried the other. I drank it in my cabin or I poured it in a glass and took it with me. 2 bottles was more then enough.

I also drank some beer/cocktails and had a small bar tab maybe $50 at the end.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09