Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A
Default Playa Mia Beach break/Cozumel???

Does anyone know the cost of getting into Playa Mia Beach break?? Their reservation page is down(probably to hike up prices before spring break) and it does not list the prices. There are three packages you can choose from. I would want the lowest or mid level.

Also, has anyone ventured to Paradise Beach?? Maybe been to both? That website says entrance is free. I do not even know if you can get there from the ship.

I know Playa Mia is a $14-$17 cab ride

Any information would be great

Thanks,

Linda A
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2008, 04:04 AM
First Mate

Check Playa Mia's website. They have 3 different pricing levels based on what you plan to do at the resort. Have a great time!

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Passenger

I've been to both. I liked Paradise better. Both are nice.
Paradise is free and has nice chairs and the restaurant/bar is good.
Playa Mia has different charges, one is all food buffett and drinks for one price. But there were rocks on beach and the chairs suck. I can't remember the website prices, Hopefully they will have it fixed soon.
Paradise is a little closer to ship, they are on the same road not far from each other. Just take a cab and they will know where it is.
Both have clean restrooms/ changing areas.
You'll enjoy either one of them.
There are cabs that wait there when your ready to go back to ship.
Carnival Holiday 1-2008
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you dont go through the ship the prices are deluxe $49.00 then $38.00 and the basic is $18.00 . They also have a pool , zoo. beach games and underwater mayan ruins.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Freedom May 2010
Carnival Liberty January 2009
Carnival Freedom April 2008
Carnival Glory April 2007
Carnival Miracle March 2006
Carnival Glory April 2005
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Admiral

We have been to both (although Playa Mia was years ago and the stay was brief due to foul weather).

We have been going to Paradise Beach since it opened.

Lounge Chairs, tables, umbrellas, clean restrooms and internet at the bar are all FREE. All they ask is that you eat/drink while you are there.

They also offer an optional wristband for $10 for all day usage of the non-motorized water and land toys. These include 2 water trampolines, 1 iceberg, kayaks, snorkeling, floats (individual and multi people). Land toys are a bungie trampoline and climbing coconut trees. Life vests are also included, but you will have to place a deposit which will be fully refunded at the time you return them.

Remember that these wristbands are optional...so if you have kids who want them..ok...but if the parents do not elect to participate...they don't have to. The boys always get the wristbands, hubby and I do not.

Lockers are available for rent. The last time I was there I think they were $4.

There are also all kinds of independent vendors if you want a massage on the beach or hair braiding, parasailing and jet skis. We have never been bothered by over aggressive vendors while we were there. We were there 5 times in a 12 month period last year.

The massages are $1 a minute with a 30 minute minimum and they are wonderful. They have you laying in a large white tent right on the beach with a light fan to add an extra breeze.

Don't worry about getting a taxi back...there are more taxis than sand in Cozumel. Paradise Beach always has taxis waiting to return you to your home away from home!!

Happy Cruising!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND