CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   1ST TIME ABOARD CARNIVAL IMAGINATION (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/348137-1st-time-aboard-carnival-imagination.html)

NewCruiserUser8686 March 8th, 2008 02:55 PM

1ST TIME ABOARD CARNIVAL IMAGINATION

IM SO EXCITED I BOOKED MY 1ST CRUISE BUT I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. :-P MY SHIP IS THE IMAGINATION LEAVIN ON APRIL 21, 2008. SO FOR STARTERS ARE THERE ALOT OF KIDS LIKE 18 AND UNDER ON THE SHIP? ALSO DO I NEED 2 BRING MY OWN HAIR DRYER? HOWS THE FOOD? SO THEY SERVE LOBSTER AND CRAB LEGS? MY BOYFRIEND AND I ARE BIG SEAFOOD LOVERS LOL :)

REDWITCH 13 March 8th, 2008 03:42 PM

First...chill on the Caps.

We were on the Imagination on our second cruise.
Loved it loved it loved it :!: :!:

You will have a wonderful time I am sure.

If you go to the Carnival's Web site and click on where you can see a dinner menu, you will see that there is a sea food dish every night.

There are hair dryers in each cabin, how powerful they are, that I can't say? I have always brought my own.
You may want to bring your own if there are a "few" in the cabin. Don't forget an extension cord.

There is a wonderful post that tells about"everything to pack on a cruise". It is very helpful.

Darlene

Cubdaddy March 9th, 2008 10:38 AM

From what I've heard, since they upgraded the ship, there are no longer blow dryers in the cabins. I would bring one just in case.

To this day, the Imagination is still my favorite ship! You will have so many seafood options either in the dining room or at the buffets!

lhp March 9th, 2008 11:05 AM

Just sailed on the Imagination last month (on a B2B) after the Evolutions of Fun upgrade.

Sadly, there are no hairdryers in the standard cabins (I don't know about suites). However, there is everything else you will want or need.

It is a good size ship (not to big...not to small)....

They have the new Adult Serenity Area...one deck below Lido AFT.
They have the new kids waterpark...one deck above Lido AFT.

They have lots of food options out by the pool along with the buffet, deli and pizza inside Lido.

Melvin will be your karaoke host and he is WONDERFUL.
Club 02 has their own space (if you have 15-17 year olds)
Circle C (12-14) was working on their own space when we were onboard.

Jorge (CD) is precious and a riot!!!
Noonan (ACD) great.
Jamie (Social Host...who should be an ACD soon) is FABULOUS!!!

I think Steve will still be in the piano bar. (I don't think he leaves until May...but not positive about that). He was a lot of fun.

Great staff....good food...good entertainment. What more could a person ask for???

Have a great cruise!

popsec March 9th, 2008 11:48 AM

Re: 1ST TIME ABOARD CARNIVAL IMAGINATION

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewCruiserUser8686
IM SO EXCITED I BOOKED MY 1ST CRUISE BUT I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. :-P MY SHIP IS THE IMAGINATION LEAVIN ON APRIL 21, 2008. SO FOR STARTERS ARE THERE ALOT OF KIDS LIKE 18 AND UNDER ON THE SHIP? ALSO DO I NEED 2 BRING MY OWN HAIR DRYER? HOWS THE FOOD? SO THEY SERVE LOBSTER AND CRAB LEGS? MY BOYFRIEND AND I ARE BIG SEAFOOD LOVERS LOL :)

We'll be on this cruise with you...we've booked a B2B on the Imagination for the April 21st and 26th cruises. I can't wait to see the Evolutions of fun upgrades (we were just on the Fascination (a sister ship) and love that one!

Lobster tail on formal night. I've never see crab legs but they do have a great sweet and sour shrimp :D

jpmaximus March 10th, 2008 12:08 AM

My first cruise in 2000 was on the Imagination. The ship has recently been renovated and is in good condition. As for sailing April 21st. You will be at the end of the spring break season. You will have a few kids onboard for sure, but the college crowd shouldnt be to crazy! (Knock on wood)

Joe323 March 10th, 2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmaximus
My first cruise in 2000 was on the Imagination. The ship has recently been renovated and is in good condition. As for sailing April 21st. You will be at the end of the spring break season. You will have a few kids onboard for sure, but the college crowd shouldnt be to crazy! (Knock on wood)

Because Easter is so early Its hard to say when Spring Break will end but I thing you are right,

Joe323 March 10th, 2008 01:19 PM

I too have a fondness for the Imagination It was my first cruise.