Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Passenger

Default Documents for boarding?

I opted to do all electronic documenting. Reading through Carnivals FAQ it seems like I need a lot of cruise documentation to board but all I have are our completed FunPasses. Am I missing something? I know we'll need our fun passes and passports but not sure if I'm missing something.

This is my first cruise and I sort of wish I had paper documents so I don't forget anything.

Jen D.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Hey Girl! nope that's it. Your Funpass has your booking number which will link to all the info you entered online. Just be sure to check that the names are all spelled correctly and you have your passports. You should be good to go.
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Wow... it really is that easy huh? I'm expecting more stress
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Passenger

luggage tags & excusion trips ?
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Oh Jen you will need a credit card or funding source for your onboard account. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Got that covered - one for both hubby and myself, hoping to go easy on the S&S account. Hubby's not much of a drinker and it'll be easy for me since I can't drink on this cruise But I can get a massage in the spa... or two

Regarding luggage tags - are there special tags for the ship or can we just use the tags that we have on our luggage?

I actually didn't get a confirmation of the excursions we booked - I figured I'd get them from the pursers office on the ship. Do you think its necessary that I call customer service and ask them to email me a confirmation of the excursions we booked?

I can't believe we leave in 4 days... I'm so excited!!

Jen
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Admiral

You should be able to print out your edocs online which will provide paper lugage tags that can be folded and taped or stapled. Or the porters at the port will have tags available. Your regular everyday tags will not suffice because they won't have your cabin number on them.
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Passenger

ah ok - that's what I'm looking for. The only thing I can find to print is the fun pass.

Anyone familiar with the MY DOCUMENTS section of carnival.com and can tell me how to find my other edocs?

Jen D.
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Never mind - found it in MY RESERVATIONS, not MY DOCUMENTS. Only slightly confusing

Thanks for all the help folks - I'm glad I can print out all the documents now!

Jen

Edit to Add: I found the problem - you can't view documents in Mozilla Firefox brower - it needs to be done in Internet Explorer. Very poor programming on Carnival's part - at the very least they should notify users of it instead of just doing NOTHING when you click the button.
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Jen you really don't need to bring all that paperwork with you. Just your funpass showing it is complete. I do always bring my invoice with me though showing paid in full, not that I have ever needed it. But just in case.
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Passenger

I can't figure out where to print it out so I'm not going to worry about it - thanks for the help BW! I appreciate it!

I'm so glad I looked through the documentation - it just cost me $570

When I booked the cruise back in October, directly through Carnival, I distinctly remember ordering the vacation protection but on the website it said I didn't have it. We sail in 4 days but Carnival has FANTASTIC customer service and they let me add it to the cruise despite it being less than 7 days to departure... to the tune of $570 for 5 people

The piece of mind is worth it though!

Jen D.
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Glad you are experiencing peace of mind over it all now.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.