CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   chocolates on your pillows..... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/348383-chocolates-your-pillows.html)

jMCk March 12th, 2008 07:22 PM

chocolates on your pillows.....

so how many chocolates have you talked your room stuart into giving you while on the ship? mine kept putting 10 on my pillow cuz i said i loved them on my last cruise... LOL

Johnathan March 13th, 2008 02:44 AM

All I got were little packets of butter... :(

LOL never gets old

jMCk March 13th, 2008 02:53 AM

haha my friends thought they were butter packets lol too funny

Vaughanster March 13th, 2008 03:27 AM

I don't remember any chocolates

but I do remember the towel "sculptures"! 8)

Johnathan March 13th, 2008 09:33 AM

Re: I don't remember any chocolates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaughanster

It ends up being more like a zoo by the end of your cruise LOL

Vaughanster March 13th, 2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnathan
Quote:

Oh, really? I don't remember having more than one or two in my room at a time! 8)

Johnathan March 13th, 2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, really? I don't remember having more than one or two in my room at a time! 8)

Did Carnival give you a discount for turning your cabin into a quad? LOL

Vaughanster March 13th, 2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did Carnival give you a discount for turning your cabin into a quad? LOL

No. On the contrary, I paid double and had the room to myself. :| It was like a little prison cell with no window. From now on, I'm getting a balcony!

Johnathan March 13th, 2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

No. On the contrary, I paid double and had the room to myself. :| It was like a little prison cell with no window. From now on, I'm getting a balcony!

Well at least this time you can tell the animals to do their business outside until they're cabin trained. LOL

Ah endless towel animal jokes

CROOOOZIN March 14th, 2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well at least this time you can tell the animals to do their business outside until they're cabin trained. LOL

What happened to the chocolates?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Fraumort March 20th, 2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CROOOOZIN
Quote:

Quote:

What happened to the chocolates?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

my guess....the animals ate the chocolates!

as for my chocolate experience...it's only been one chocolate each night per each guest in the room

CROOOOZIN March 20th, 2008 05:29 AM

They must have Fraumort LOL LOL LOL

REDWITCH 13 March 20th, 2008 12:12 PM

AAAAAAA Chocolate :!:

I will not forget on this cruise to let the Room Stewart know about the love of chocolate. :-P

It was some really good stuff as I seem to remember.

Darlene

CROOOOZIN March 20th, 2008 07:56 PM

Ours steward loaded our room up with the chocolate or butter whichever you want to call it. My kids loved it, I know like thats a shocker. :D

lecx March 21st, 2008 12:28 PM

Maybe it's just the chocolates on the Ecstasy but they were not that good. I am always counting calories and after eating one of these bedtime sweets (though I adore the gesture), I thought, nope, not gonna waste any calories on these babies, gonna save 'em up for the warm chocolate melting cake on the last night.

beach lover March 21st, 2008 02:42 PM

I kept sneaking into my brother and sister in laws cabin and eating their chocolates...but their cabin stewart kept putting more on their pillows.
He was getting upset with me by the end of the week.

jMCk March 21st, 2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lecx
Maybe it's just the chocolates on the Ecstasy but they were not that good. I am always counting calories and after eating one of these bedtime sweets (though I adore the gesture), I thought, nope, not gonna waste any calories on these babies, gonna save 'em up for the warm chocolate melting cake on the last night.

are you serious? counting calories on a vaca is a NO NO :D

CROOOOZIN March 21st, 2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jMCk
Quote:

are you serious? counting calories on a vaca is a NO NO :D

That's what I thought 8) 8)

jMCk March 21st, 2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach lover
I kept sneaking into my brother and sister in laws cabin and eating their chocolates...but their cabin stewart kept putting more on their pillows.
He was getting upset with me by the end of the week.

hmmm thats a good idea... i cruz next month but i dont know anyone else.. think strangers mind if i eat their chocolates? lol im sure it would make a post... :D

Ro March 22nd, 2008 11:08 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm love those little candies the steward left each night. I hid them all from my fiance' lol.

AKcruiser March 24th, 2008 02:33 AM

I saved mine (and hubby's) from the last cruise and when I need a cruise pick me up I eat one LOL

AKcruiser

LikeTravel0 March 24th, 2008 05:02 AM

"I hid them all from my fiance"
LOL>>

skymaster March 24th, 2008 08:47 AM

I always "rip them off" from the stewards cart while he's cleaning another cabin, and out of sight. :twisted:
You can always tell a "novice" cruiser in the mornings, because he will have little pieces of melted chocolate on his or her ear, from not removing the chocolate from the pillow the night before.

Ken
"SKY"

Dutchman March 24th, 2008 02:09 PM

Everytime I see the stewart I ask where is the real chocolates? I just can't handle the mint part. On the last cruise on the freedom the stewart did get me. He put a hershey bar on the pillow. I did end up paying for that. That ended up being a $20 tip for a hershey bar. I bet he couldn't wait for the next day to see what i would say. Just handed him the tip and moved on laughing, We do have alot of fun with the ship staff. Whenever I can. :twisted:

ferrangi March 24th, 2008 04:29 PM

Maybe it was the excitement of it all, but I really don't remember the choc... :-? and I love choc.

I do however, remember the choc melting cake.... wow, I can't wait. :wink:

do you think it's because it was only a four night cruise?? Oh well, I'll be looking for them this trip. 8)

lecx March 24th, 2008 09:59 PM

No counting calories, just my meal plan - two years and counting, 95 lbs. down. I am not going to blow it for anything, anywhere. I was really curious about the weight gain and food stories that are legend- my nephew gained 15 lbs. on his first cruise. Then 2 friends told me they didn't gain a lb., they just ate like they were at home, no need to be a glutton - though we buy the ship, we pick and choose what parts of the ship we want. And for me...at least on the Ecstasy, the chocolates on the pillow were easy to pass up. I saw someone post a picture of some petit fours that the room steward put in their room - what ship is that on! I kept thinking, maybe on the last night we get the petit fours - but nope, same old blah chocolate.

With all the walking, all the water (soda card not worth it), all the activities, swimming, tours, I ate everything I wanted and came back a tiny bit lighter than when I left. My daughter did not gain an ounce. And we had a BLAST.

AKcruiser March 25th, 2008 12:15 AM

lecx

Congrats on the weight loss!! At this time I am -22 pounds and counting. I too am just following my meal plan and plan to do the same in Jan on our cruise. Hopefully I'll be down several more pounds by then. True, there are yummy foods on the cruise, but no reason we can't eat right and still have a good time.

AKcruiser

Ro March 25th, 2008 07:59 AM

You have to pay and order the petit fours from the gift section of the Carnival Web site. They are not free. The room steward brings them to you. A couple of friends who cruised with us in 2005 ordered them and they were delivered shortly to the cabin when they arrived. I couldn't understand paying for those when they had a huge selection of desserts both at the buffet and dinner menu to choose from.

skymaster March 25th, 2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

No counting calories, just my meal plan - two years and counting, 95 lbs. down. I am not going to blow it for anything, anywhere. I was really curious about the weight gain and food stories that are legend- my nephew gained 15 lbs. on his first cruise. Then 2 friends told me they didn't gain a lb., they just ate like they were at home, no need to be a glutton - though we buy the ship, we pick and choose what parts of the ship we want. And for me...at least on the Ecstasy, the chocolates on the pillow were easy to pass up. I saw someone post a picture of some petit fours that the room steward put in their room - what ship is that on! I kept thinking, maybe on the last night we get the petit fours - but nope, same old blah chocolate.

With all the walking, all the water (soda card not worth it), all the activities, swimming, tours, I ate everything I wanted and came back a tiny bit lighter than when I left. My daughter did not gain an ounce. And we had a BLAST.

You get the FREE petite fours, and also a platter of other "stuff" when you become Platinum. This is usually delivered to your cabin on formal nights, before dinner.

Ken
"SkyMaster"

starlost March 25th, 2008 09:51 AM

i cruise with friends and share cabins. having to run your hands over your twin bed in the dark looking for the darn chocolate and towel animal so you don't have to disturb your cabin mate is a pain in the butt. the darn things should be left on the nightstand. i always forget the things are there the first night cuz i don't want them and not cuz i was drinking.