Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Passenger

Default Panoramic Deck on Carnival Valor anyone familiar about rooms

Hi, I am new to cruising, my family and I are going on a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on April 13th on the Carnival Valor. We booked 2 guaranteed run of the ship cabins and we didn't think we would get our cabins assigned until we got to the ship but when we got our confirmation papers from the TA it said our cabins were assigned #1053 and #1049, is anyone familiar with the panoramic deck and what can we expect, also any other info about the cruise and ship would be great, my husband and I are travelling with our 3 boys age 16,13,12 and also another family with 3 boys the same age, we can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Beginner

Hello there,

I just read your post lol.....I just asked the same question...about the Panorama deck...I did not see yours...I have sailed several time and I always go to the upper levels but I have never been that high before so I am interested too. I have never been on the Valor either but I have read alot of reviews and they are all great..

I am sailing May 18 and cant wait. I love it, hope you have a great time.

Irmajean
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

The upgrade fairy has given you a visit! For an IS guarantee you did pretty well. We stayed on the Lido deck right below your deck on the Valor's sistership, Carnival Freedom. You are very close to all the action and can walk right out onto the Lido deck for the pools, lounge chairs, entertainment, and Lido buffet! Also a short walk to the front of the ship to see out from two decks above the Bridge, an area most folks don't know about (great for sail away!). You have a very convenient location with elevators nearby as well. For an inside cabin, you can't get much better
05/14/2008 Carnival Spirit (Glacier Bay - Alaska)
11/12/2007 Carnival Freedom (US Inaugural - W Carib)
02/01/2007 Celebration (Bahamas)
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Passenger

That is awesome, I can't wait. I guess it pays to wait until the month before to book, we had to wait to get our passports so that is why we didn't book until the 13th of march.
Old March 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just got off of the Valor. You will really like the ship and cruise, and you will feel right at home!! Tons of Canadians on our March 9th cruise.

This location will be great for getting to the buffet and pool. Too bad you do not have balcony cabins that high up!

See my review at: http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=592486

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 12/4/2009 Bahamas
Carnival Valor 3/9/2008 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 6/24/2006 Western Mediterranean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 5/29/2006
Carnival Conquest 6/20/2004 Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 12/20/2002 Bahamas
Old March 20th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Passenger

I did read your review and it was great, thank you for all the useful info. If you have any other info for me that would be great. It sounds like I should bring an extension cord and plug and did you bring a cooler on board to keep your refreshments cool? Hopefully we get great service in the dining room as there will be 4 adults and 6 teenage boys I'm not sure if the boys will be eating with us each night, they certainly can if they would like but they can pretty much eat whatever they want seeings we are on vacation and there is so many options to choose from I will not care if they do not want to eat in the dining room with us
Old March 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Extension cord ... Alright, here is my secret about extension cords ............. you do NOT need one!! All you need is this

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...Id=24405385824

It turns one outlet into three without the cord that takes up space in the suitcase!! You can also find them at other stores for as little as $2. (sorry I do not know how to post a picture)

Cooler ... We do not take a cooler. You can always ask your room steward to empty out the mini fridge for your personal use. I can see how a fold-up cooler could be nice for trips to the beach.[/img]

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 12/4/2009 Bahamas
Carnival Valor 3/9/2008 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 6/24/2006 Western Mediterranean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 5/29/2006
Carnival Conquest 6/20/2004 Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 12/20/2002 Bahamas
Old March 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Passenger

We were on the Valor with a cabin on the panorama deck and we loved it.
We loved our cabin location, no noise at night...near the pool. The Valor is a great ship. It was the best vacation we ever had. We did not take our boys since were away at school..boy were they mad at us. There is alot for the kids to do.