Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Destiny Excursions

We are leaving for the Southern Caribbean and I need help with things to do at our stops. Does anyone have any suggestions?

San Juan
St. Thomas
Dominica
Barbados
St. Lucia
Antigua
St. Kitts

Free Cruise Clocks
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Admiral

San Juan - Take a walk around Old San Juan.. go to the forts
St. Thomas - Take the cable car up to point paradise.. go to Coki Beach and Coral world.. Look at the beautiful fish and enjoy the beach.
Dominica - Take the ariel tram through the rain forest
Barbados - Go to Malibu beach.. the beach is magnificent.. the sand is like powder.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Beginner

hey is that cruise the on leaving on april 20th???
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I just came back from that cruise. You will love it!

In St. Thomas we just took a taxi to the beach. It was gorgeous. But I've heard Paradise Point/Coki Beach/etc. are all great too.

In Dominica I did the Dominica's Favorites through the ship, which was well worth it. It went to Trafalgar Falls and Emerald Pool and I saw a lot of the rainforest. The aerial tram is probably awesome as the rainforest is absolutely gorgeous.

Went snorkeling in Barbados through a Carnival excursion.

In Antigua, again we just went to the beach via taxi. It was much cheaper than going through the ship and it was paradise defined.

I was disappointed I didn't get to see the island in St. Kitts. We woke up too late... But friends of ours found a Party Bus at the end of the pier (there are a bunch of locals that have booths there) and for $15 pp they were taken all over the island, to the beach, and had all the free rum punch they could drink. They loved it and said it was the best island we had visited.

Anywhere you go, sometimes you can get an awesome deal with a local company right inside the main pier area. Be careful on your time though-you don't want to miss the ship!

I hope you have a great time. This was probably the best vacation I've ever taken!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Passenger

We're going on the same cruise in June. So if I get any good stuff. I'll post it somewhere. So far we're looking at some independent tours. I"m getting info from all these helpful folks!!