Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Passenger

Default Shore Excursions on Roatan Island Honduras

Hi, I have been looking at excursions for Roatan and we really just want to snorkel off of shore and not spend any money. Does anyone know if this is possible, I assume we will have to pay for a cab to take us to a beach. Also should we be paying in lempra or should we pay in american currency? sounds like we should have money ahead of time. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated from someone who has experience at the island. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Passenger

We have a group of 26 and would also be interested in things to do on Roatan . Any suggestions? We do know about cave tubing but are just looking for something right around the beach or shopping.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
First Mate

I was just over in Honduras on the Valor in March and we got off the ship, asked a taxi to take the girls to a beach and the guys did ziplining, it was an awesome day. The ones that went zip lining paid 45.00 and everyone else paid $ 15.00. round trip, and our guide stayed with us the entire day. It was the nicest beach I have ever been to. I think it was West Bay Beach
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Great thanks for the info. Did you go to a beach that you could snorkel and was there the water toys as well or was it just a beach were you could relax. Did you have any trouble with the sand fleas?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
First Mate

I do not think we had water toys, they had wave runners, I think that was all I saw, and no fleas at all, it was beautiful.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:17 AM
Passenger

Location: The same as you: at my computer, planning the next cruise!
Send a message via Yahoo to shipsNdips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail F
I was just over in Honduras on the Valor in March and we got off the ship, asked a taxi to take the girls to a beach and the guys did ziplining, it was an awesome day. The ones that went zip lining paid 45.00 and everyone else paid $ 15.00. round trip, and our guide stayed with us the entire day. It was the nicest beach I have ever been to. I think it was West Bay Beach
Thanks for the input. One of our ports is also Roatan. I haven't decided yet what we are going to do or if an excursion. I was looking at the coral Beach Break. (think that was the name of it) It sounds pretty decent for $$ and it is on the beach. If anyone has taken this excursion please let me know. Thank you and Happy Easter to all. Hope the Easter bunny brings you lots of sweets.

Free Cruise Clocks

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. ~Susan Heller

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
First Mate

try checking out the carnival website on there is this private beach i'll respond back later with the name, but you could get paddle boats,jet skis, go to this little resterraunt, drinks on the beach.. it was awsome!!

anyways i'll be back with the name in an hour i highly recomend it and it's nice cause its through carnival!!!

"Cruises will create some of the best memories of your life"
Future Cruises-
Coral Princess
Past Cruises-
Carnival Liberty Spring Break 2008
Carnival Legend October 2007
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
Admiral

We'll be in Roatan next week and we're using fins and flippers. They've been getting pretty good reviews and it is very inexpensive, which is good because we'll be arriving late into port and I don't want to pay an arm and leg to be there a few hours. Check out their website and I'll let you know what I think about them when we return on April 14th.

http://finsandflippers.com/en/index.html
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
First Mate

the one trhough carnival i was talking about earlier is coral cay beach break.. they have little shops we'r you get get snorkel gear souviners.. bunch of stuffs!! check it out!!

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursi...ioncode=518018

"Cruises will create some of the best memories of your life"
Future Cruises-
Coral Princess
Past Cruises-
Carnival Liberty Spring Break 2008
Carnival Legend October 2007