CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Quiet time on Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/348828-quiet-time-ships.html)

runamuc March 21st, 2008 09:59 AM

Quiet time on Ships

Just curious. Is there any such thing as quite time on the ship?
I was wondering if they have a certain time that you have to lower the volume if you are partying on the balconies or in your room. We are a group of 26 and are planning on making the most of our cruise. We do know that you have to be considerate of your fellow cruisers. :wink:
BTW we are not all young kids but a very mixed age group from 20's to 60's, but definetly going for a good time.

msblackjack March 21st, 2008 10:20 AM

Re: Quiet time on Ships

Quote:

Originally Posted by runamuc
I was wondering if they have a certain time that you have to lower the volume if you are partying on the balconies or in your room. We are a group of 26 and are planning on making the most of our cruise. We do know that you have to be considerate of your fellow cruisers. :wink:
BTW we are not all young kids but a very mixed age group from 20's to 60's, but definetly going for a good time.

really out of respect for cruisers the balcony is not place for a party; some peeps may be getting up early for shore excursions, etc;
however, many parties can be found or started on the pool deck once you have closed the piano bar and disco! we had a large group several years ago and would stay out on the pool deck til about 4:00 am; it was a blast! in fact, several people pretty much never left the pool deck until breakfast was being served; if the party is totally out of control you should have no problems

REDWITCH 13 March 21st, 2008 10:29 AM

We will keep that in mind about the noise.

We were told about taking down the partitions to have one big deck to party on in the evening though. I think this may be done a lot if you have the all of those on the back of the ship?

Darlene

runamuc March 21st, 2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
We will keep that in mind about the noise.

We were told about taking down the partitions to have one big deck to party on in the evening though. I think this may be done a lot if you have the all of those on the back of the ship?

Darlene

I guess I should have mentioned the fact that our group has all the very aft balconies. And several other nearby rooms, both balconies and IS.

CROOOOZIN March 21st, 2008 05:05 PM

A little off subject I guess, but since I am usually an early riser, I loved getting up between 4 & 4:30am and going up to the top deck with a cup of coffee and nobody there except the crew "swabbing the deck" It was just so relaxing in the middle of the ocean with the wind blowing.

atab63601 March 21st, 2008 11:56 PM

Croooozin, that sounds very relaxing! I am usually an early riser, but not that early, lol. However I think I may have to try and get up that early just to check out the sea and to have some quiet time aboard. I think I would enjoy being able to relax on deck feeling the wind blow through my hair while the stars are still out. :D

REDWITCH 13 March 22nd, 2008 07:07 AM

ATAB and Croooozin:

Although we are a little of track, I agree with the getting up early and just sitting quietly.

We have done that many many times. My husband's favorite story is the time we were cruising and I got up early and went to the Lido deck and had coffee. He got up and also went to the Lido deck with his coffee. We were sitting quietly enjoying the breeze and calm ,when we both looked over and saw each other. He came over to my table and we laughed for a long while. We never knew we were on the same deck just across from each other for almost a half hour.

That is how relaxing it can be

Darlene

CROOOOZIN March 23rd, 2008 06:48 PM

That is just one of the most relaxing parts of my cruise. It is just so nice to be up there without the wife....Ooooops did I say that? Oh well!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

ilovecruises22 March 23rd, 2008 07:41 PM

Re: Quiet time on Ships

Quote:

Originally Posted by runamuc

we party and run aroud alot too on cruise, but you should usually just do it somwhere besides on your deck with people who might be slepping... so just take your party to a main deck thats what we do!! :)

Have fun on your cruise!!!!! :D :D

jlauntz March 23rd, 2008 08:09 PM

We sailed on the Liberty last May and tried to open the balcony dividers to make a large balcony only to find out that you could open only one partition without blocking access to the cabins. This is because of the design of the ship.The balcony doors are either to the left of the cabin or to the right not in the center as on celebrity ships. I hope this plan works for you. Please review the Valor whenever you return as we have a group of 20 or so going in april of 09.

REDWITCH 13 March 24th, 2008 08:55 AM

Thank you so much for the information

We are on the Aft of this ship, so it may be set up differently than the side balcony cabins??? I am not too sure about this, but I did get a reply back stating that the Aft(back) of the ship can be opened up to one large balcony.

I will let you know.

Darlene

Dutchman March 24th, 2008 01:45 PM

quite time on the ship is anytime I want to sleep. :D

Cruisebunny7 March 24th, 2008 11:09 PM

As long as you are not loud going to and from your cabins, there really is no quiet time. We were always very cautious of where we were loud and where we were quiet, this is also why we usually cruise on the lower decks...not as many partiers like ourselves running around to get from point A to point B.

Have a GREAT Time!! I have to get through boot camp before I get to go on my next cruise.... :(