Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
Passenger

Default Cabin 1053 on Valor- Panorama Deck

Dose anyone have pictures of this cabin or any quad (with 2 uppers). Had a quad (with single upper) before on the Fantasy but want to see how the double upper is laid out. I have read good things about this deck as to proximity to pool and lido deck and being quiet.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Passenger

Hi, we are booked for that room on the 13th of April on the Valor. Looking forward to it. When do you go and on what ship?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Passenger

Never mind I realize you are also on the Valor
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monties5
Hi, we are booked for that room on the 13th of April on the Valor. Looking forward to it. When do you go and on what ship?
Hi Monties5, We will be on the Valor but not until August. It would be lovely if you can take some pictures of the cabin when the uppers are opened up. I just want to know the lay-out of the cabin so I can plan which luggage to bring, how much to pack, etc. etc. Thank you in advance, enjoy your cruise.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Sure I don't mind at all as long as I can figure out how to download them on the site. My hubby is handy with that kind of stuff so I am sure he will be able to do it. I can hardly wait 'til we go it is coming up fast and I still have a few pounds to shed before we go, I am sure I will pack it back on soon after the cruise begins.
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Passenger

Hi Monties5, How was your cruise? How was the cabin? I am sure you enjoyed it . Care to share some of your experiences.
Old April 25th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Admiral

you can join www.cruisestateroom.com (lifetime membership $12 or so) then look at photos people took of all cruise staterooms on all ships - you can even post your own ohotos of your staterooms.
Old April 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Passenger

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I have been busy getting caught up on laundry etc. the room is the same as having twin beds and the bunks come down from the ceiling, 1 over each twin bed. I found there was lots of room in between the beds and we had room in our closets to store suitcases. We had room 1049 and 1053 our kids were in room 1053 and hubby and I were in a king bed next door in room 1049. It worked out great. I'm not sure if I got very good pictures of the rooms as my kids room was always a mess We had room under our bed to put a suitcase or 2. But I will have a look through my pictures and see if I have any good pictures of the room. When you first walk in the door your closets are to the right and washroom is to the left and then the room is like a big square with small bar fridge to the right.( you can have your cabin steward open this up and just juggle things around if you have anything you want kept cold) and to the left is the tv, and desk with chair with mirror and this is were your plug in is ( we took an extention bar cord with us so we could keep camera batteries charged and a small night light plugged in), there was a small hair dryer in the drawer . There is a table between the twin beds with a lamp on it and a little storage area underneath if there was anything you wanted to keep in their. I found there to be lots of shelves to put stuff on in the bathroom too. We were only in the room to change and sleep and maybe a few other things but generally did not spend much time in the rooms at all, so we found them just fine and would not hesitate getting another inside state room again. We loved the cruise and thought the Carnival Valor was awesome. We can't wait to go on another cruise. The dining room food was delicious and the buffet food was really good too, better than I had expected. The oriental stir fry was great, the deli was delicious and omeletts were great as well. There was an ambulance taking someone off the ship I think it was when we were in Cozumel and my husband figured someone had split a gut and they had to take them to the hospital because they ate too much. The drinks were very good as well. If you have any other questions just let me know and I will try to answer them. There was a man and woman singing in the lobby where the piano is and they were great, if you have a chance to go and see them but we mostly saw the comedy shows and on the thursday night they had a 70's and 80's music show that was really good and highly recommend it. I will try to find some decent pictures to put on here for you to see the room.
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Hi, good to know that you had a great cruise.

Thanks for the info on the room, piano bar singers, food (hopefully I won't need an ambulance, lol), etc....we can't wait but it's still a few months to go. We are getting really eager, specially with the weather we are having (back to chilly again :evil. Thanks again!!!!