Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Passenger

Default parasailing??

Since I will be celebrating the big 50 on my 1st cruise, I was thinking about parasailing, however, I do have questions. How high does it go, will they let me down when I want to and I do have high blood pressure, (being controlled by meds, quite sucessfully for 3 years) anybody have any input??? Would certainly appreciate it. Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Passenger

We are definitly interested in answers on this too as we want to do the parasailing also. Hopefully someone has done this and can give us some answers.
Danny&Debbie
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Beginner

Hi - I am 61 and am considering it this June, also. I guess the older I get, the more adventuresome I am! Besides seeing examples of parasailing on the travel channel when they have a cruise special, I also spoke with someone recently who said it's easier than it looks. As you are about to be pulled UP, there is someone holding your hips on the boat so that you go up smoothly. Also, whether the landing is on the sand (where this person's was) or right back on the boat, they have two men who grab you by the hips as you land so that you will not be pulled back up. I try to watch any cruise shows on the Travel Channel. This will be my 10th cruise, but my first time (if I get the nerve up) for parasailing. It just looks like too much fun to pass up now that I have actually seen how it works. Also, I am not sure about this, but I wonder if it takes place on the beach near the ship or if you can just get to the place by taxi and "watch" to see how it is done at your port of call. Something else I will look into. I always though you landed in the water (of course, with a vest on), but I wondered if the parachute lands on top of you - which would be a little scary, but apparently that is not how it works. If you are sailing before June 6th, I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Passenger

My daughter and I parasailed in Cozumel on our cruise in 2006. We were at Mr. Sanchos Beach and booked it there. They took us up 900 feet and they gave us signals to give them for wanting to come down and when to stop if we didn't want to go that high. I believe we were up there for about 10 minutes and it was $65 per person. They were very proffesional and the liftoff and landing were very smooth. I would definately recommend it. We had a great time. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions. 8)

Barbara
Conquest Feb 2009
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
Passenger

900 feet wow!! My husband and I went on our first cruise this Feb. and we went parasailing together in cozumel. We went up 365 feet and I thought that was high enough!! We had lots of fun. They connected us and we sat on the back of the boat. We gently went up and they did signal us a few times to make sure we were ok. we were up in the air about 12 minutes. The landing was very easy, we just had to stand up on the back of the boat, that's all! We paid 45.00 per person. I also have high blood pressure which is controled with meds (I am 32) I was a little nervous going up, but it was BEAUTIFUL to see that crystal clear water from up there. Have fun!!!
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Beginner

Wow! Those are great prices! I can't believe this can be done for $45! Rulfm, do you remember the name of the company you went through? I really want to parasail on our upcoming trip but I was trying to decide between that and the dolphin encounter not thinking I could afford both but for those prices I think I will! 8)
Old March 29th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Passenger

parker99... my husband and I were at Carlos and Charlies in cozumel. We went up together. we had so much fun!! You will too!
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:13 AM
First Mate

Parasailing is awesome - I did that at Half Moon Key back in 2000. Not sure how high I went but I was much higher than the top of the ship. I've seen other parasailers (at Cabo) that were maybe 50 feet up, and they seemed to be having a good time conversing with the folks on the tour boats as they went by.

One thing to keep in mind - the seas and wind...that will ultimately determine how good it might be. Just make sure you inspect the harness you're wearing, and how it connects to the chute. If you don't feel comfortable with it, tell them so.