CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Balcony doors? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/348873-balcony-doors.html)

REDWITCH 13 March 22nd, 2008 08:09 AM

Balcony doors?

I am asking this question for someone who doesn't have a computer and asked me this? I do not know the answer? I know someone on here will!!!

Do the doors on the balcony cabins open in or out? Where do you put the bungie cord to keep these doors open if you choose to do so?

Darlene

GaryI March 22nd, 2008 10:08 AM

Heres how we did it on the Glory. You really don't need the bungee cord. There is a rubber wedge that the cabin steward uses right by your front door. It actually works better than the cord. Not sure what ship your friend is on this was the Glory aft balcony 6454.
Hope this helps.
Gary

http://lh4.google.com/Garynroxie/R-U...jpg?imgmax=512

REDWITCH 13 March 22nd, 2008 10:30 AM

Well, that is really good news.

We are on the Valor on the extended balconies...8450 to 8457 and we have one 8445

Thanks
Darlene

ncstate7991 March 22nd, 2008 01:05 PM

Leave the bungie at home!! Use the rubber wedge the room steward uses to hold the door open while cleaning. The door opens out onto the balcony and you can place the rubber wedged in the hinge area of the door to keep from tripping on it ... haha.

REDWITCH 13 March 22nd, 2008 01:08 PM

Okay...that does sound really good.

I will pass this onto the rest of the group who also have balcony cabins. I did tell them about the bungie cords. They will be happy not to have to pack these.

Darlene

cruise dreaming March 22nd, 2008 06:25 PM

Is this the door into your cabin from the balcony ? Or the door between cabin balconies ? We have always had a slider for the balcony door.

REDWITCH 13 March 22nd, 2008 06:58 PM

I was talking about the door that goes from the cabin to the outside deck.

How does the one for the deck to deck open also?

Darlene

Phil&Liz March 22nd, 2008 07:06 PM

Yes you can open the doors between cabins along the balcony. As far as securing them, if you look on the top right of the partition at the railing edge you will see a metal rod. It pulls up and out for you to hook the door to the side. The cabin steward has the key to unlock the partition door between balconies.

Just be sure to secure the door somehow, because if they should get loose you will have a banging noise from the doors swinging with the ships movement all night long.

Phil & Liz

cruise dreaming March 22nd, 2008 07:18 PM

The ships we have sailed on (Princess, RCCL and NCL) have all had doors between the cabins on the balcony's. My brother and sister-in-law are always in the cabin next to us so we get the door opened the first day of the cruise. You cabin steward has a key to unlock them. We love being able to pass back and forth without going out in the hall. Also we sit out there on the balcony and just chat. It's wonderful. Just be careful if you plan on this occasionally there are structural beams that will prevent a door in the balcony. We always check with the cruise line that the cabin balcony has a door. They have individual room descriptions ..... you just have to get a knowledgable custom service person.

REDWITCH 13 March 22nd, 2008 07:33 PM

We will have to check that out on the first day.

If there is a beam on the Valor we probably will not be able to open the doors up between those cabins then.

I did read eariler on the post that the whole balcony can be one big balcony, so maybe that doe not apply to all Carnival ships.

thanks for the input

Darlene

ncstate7991 March 22nd, 2008 09:36 PM

Darlene,

We just returned from the Valor (as you know) and we had side-by-side balconies. All you need to do is ask your room steward to unlock the balcony partition (sp?). There is a device on top of the partition to latch it to the side of the ship.

You mentioned before that you guys had the aft balconies. If those actually face aft instead of being on the port or starboard side of the ship I am not sure how the balconies are seperated. Someone else on these boards should know.