Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Passenger

Default If you had the money you could own a piece of The World

Only takes a net worth of 5 million plus But if I had the money I would in a heartbeat.

Nothing to do with Carnival but I saw this on the travel Channel the other day.

http://www.aboardtheworld.com/
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Surprisingly, my answer is no. Since this is NOT a cruise ship, and very often the people's 3 /4 home, it is treated as such by them. The idea of spending unlimited time onboard, is wonderful, but when you are on a ship, that sometimes during the year, has hardly anyone on it, is not my cuppa tea.

As pointed out in this show, one couple was alone in a lounge, with the piano player, playing just for them, and another time they wanted to play cards and no one was around. This would be spooky for me!

We are used to going on a cruise, to spend time onboard with all the ammenities and activities. On this ship. no trivia, no pool games no cruise director. While at first the thought might be amazing, at least for me, if I had the time and money, and the desire, I would book a world cruise, on a crusieship:):) jmho;)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Admiral

I agree 100% with Trip. One of the reasons the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I love cruising so much, is the interaction with the other passengers, and the "World" just doesn't offer that! I'd much rather spend my time aboard unlimited cruise ships, with lots, and lots of other passengers. Being able to book unlimited cruises would be a dream come true for me. Besides,,,,it seems to me that all the people shown on the T.V. show about the "World" were stuck up, holier than thou type people. I can live very nicely without them.....

Ken
"SKY"
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
First Mate

i love cruising.. but a yacht might be fun!!! but then you proabaly wouldnt cruise anymore...my heart would be broken if i stoped cruising!!!! lol

"Cruises will create some of the best memories of your life"
Future Cruises-
Coral Princess
Past Cruises-
Carnival Liberty Spring Break 2008
Carnival Legend October 2007
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Passenger

As said in the show the ports they cruise to are ports where there is always some type of party going on and chosen by the residents, the Film Festival, Carnival, British open, etc.
I'm sure with that kind of money finding a party is a Helicopter ride away.
Kind of like people that retire and buy a million dollar RV. After going to those ports and partying all day and or all night the peacefulness of being on the ship with all you own things no packing and unpacking. If you get tired of it.....buy another house it's not like you don't have the money JMO