Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Passenger

Default Turks & Caicos excursions

Does anyone have any do's and don't's excursions for Grand Turk? We are considering the "Walk on the Ocean Floor" and wonder if anyone has done this? We usually only plan one or two excursions during a cruise - but we definitely want a snorkel excursion here. Any comments are greatly appreciated. We have a six year old daughter who may/may not join us on the excursion -- any kid friendly snorkel tours?
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

My adult daughter, my husband and I went did the helmet dive at Grand Turk and we loved it. I was probably the most apprehensive because I can be a little claustrophobic but it didn't bother me at all. I really wanted to do this because the daughter we were with actually works with these type of helmets in a deep dive program at SeaWorld. She actually puts people in a cage in the shark tank there in these type of helmets.

Your daughter may not be able to participate though. On the carnival site the info for the helmet dive says children must be 8 years old.

It was a lot of fun and the people running it were very good at their job. They made everyone feel at ease and were very safety conscious. The fish we saw were beautiful and it was a lot of fun walking on the bottom ( it felt like it must feel on the moon - you just bob along ).

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

FANTASY October/06
ELATION February/07
SENSATION August/09

Old March 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Passenger

That's just what I wanted to hear! Since my parents are going along on the cruise we figured this may be the one excursion our daughter couldn't do with us. Thanks for the input - I am signing up today!