Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default GRRRR ... stupid rain!

Ok, I'm less than a week from my cruise, I'm so excited ... I check the forecast ... all 3 of my ports (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) have been beautiful all week ... but at least for now, the forecast is for rain while we'll be there.

I guess my question is how much does rain affect the ports? If we are not able to do our excursions do we get reimbursed that money? I'm going to be QUITE upset if I lose that money and get nothing in return, I paid good money for these excursions.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I'm still excited about the trip, but my dreams of watching clear skies and beautiful sunsets from my balcony and walking on sunny beaches is looking less like a reality and I'm kind of nervous and disapointed at the moment.

Carnival Conquest April 2008
Carnival Conquest April 2009

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Captain

Houston Todd;

You are fretting over something no one has any control over. If it rains it rains so be it. I know we were going on the Glory in Feb. 07, and it was supposed to be rainy in our ports. It was raining when we got to Cozumel, and stopped within an hour of our arrival. If you booked with the ship your costs will be refunded if excursions are cancelled. Most independants also will refund if cancelled. I know it is difficult to plan, and then have the weather mess it up, but that is the risk we take planning something on a specific date. The weather controls what we can do, but don't let it control the level of fun you have. The rains down there tend to come, and go pretty fast. You will have fun regardless of the weather.
We will keep thinking positive thoughts for your cruise.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old March 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Location: On the Lido deck of any ship taking shots of Kamakazi's with Partyanimal & Co.
Default Re: GRRRR ... stupid rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTodd
Ok, I'm less than a week from my cruise, I'm so excited ... I check the forecast ... all 3 of my ports (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) have been beautiful all week ... but at least for now, the forecast is for rain while we'll be there.

I guess my question is how much does rain affect the ports? If we are not able to do our excursions do we get reimbursed that money? I'm going to be QUITE upset if I lose that money and get nothing in return, I paid good money for these excursions.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I'm still excited about the trip, but my dreams of watching clear skies and beautiful sunsets from my balcony and walking on sunny beaches is looking less like a reality and I'm kind of nervous and disapointed at the moment.
When it rains over there it is like Hawaii, it rains for like a half hour then it is all sunny!! It was like that in Nov. for the Turkey cruise. Rain then nothing but sunshine!!! It will be fine!! If you booked your excursions thru Carnival, you will get a refund if it is canceled.

Old March 25th, 2008, 12:19 PM
First Mate

I just went Eastern and Western on a back to back in Februsry/March and I read the same weather report it should have been cloudy and rainey, and it was beautiful, ten min sun shower the first day and a few clous on the last day. We did have a little rain at night when we were in for the night
have fun
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Passenger

I golfed in Cozumel on a rainy day ... which was a few sprinkles. Believe me, I remembered the golf far better than the rain.
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rain is still far better than cold ice and snow!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 25th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Re: GRRRR ... stupid rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTodd

Sounds like the Conquest itinerary. Nothing you can do about rain, but if it does it doesn't usually last long. In fact you will welcome it if it is hot & humid.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Admiral

DW and I were in the Caymans one time and it rained. It rained off and on the whole time we were ther, but it was about 82 degrees very warm and humid. we did our land excursions and tour anyway. Don't worry about the rain, It's not enough to spoil your cruise. The line of work that I'm in causes me to be outside so my saying is "if I can work in the rain, I sure can play in the rain". Enjoy your cruise.

Oasis OTS 6/2015
Serenade OTS 12/2015
Jewel OTS 3/2016
Harmony OTS 12/2016
Serenade OTS 12/2016