Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Familiar Face

Default Travel Agents

I recently returned from a cruise and booked the cruise through the same agent that I booked through last year. Last year when we booked we were surprised when we got to our room, the agent had sent a nice tray of canapies as well as a strip of bar coupons. Also upon our return home we received a card in the mail welcoming up home. This year we received nothing!!! I wasn't expecting anything the first year although it was a very nice gesture on the travel agents part........my concern is was there something that I did that possibly caused them not to send a gift or a welcome home card? The only thing I can think of is we didn't purchase our insurance through them for this cruise? Just curious......were the gifts just a first time cruise thing or is that something that travel agents do regularly??

Carnival Glory 2007
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Victory 2009
Carnival Victory 2010
Carnival Victory 2011
Carnival Victory 2012
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Admiral

I seriously doubt that you did anything to cause the agent to not send you any gifts, or the "welcome home" card. It may be that due to rising costs, the agent would rather give you a good price, and cut back on the gifts, or perhaps it was simply an oversight on the agents part. My agent still sends a gift for each and every cruise, and more often than not, a card is waiting when we return, but I do book at least 4 or 5 trips a year with her, and I do send her a lot of business,,,because I know she does an excellent job, and will take good care of anyone I send her way. I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of a gift, or card. If she took good care of your booking, was there when you had a question, and gave you a good price,,,,what more could you ask for. That's far more than many people get from their agent!

Ken
"SKY"
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks Ken.....I have only travelled twice so I was concerned I may have done something wrong or 'ticked' them off somehow......still learning about travel here and love the learning

Carnival Glory 2007
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Victory 2009
Carnival Victory 2010
Carnival Victory 2011
Carnival Victory 2012
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

You may have been a part of a group and didn't know it. Sometimes an agent will add an individual booking as a part of a group and you'll get all the group benefits even though you didn't know or participate with the rest of the group. Happened to me once, got wine, canopies, etc.. Didn't mind at all.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Nice gesture on the part of your travel agent. I just think times have changed a bit and money got a little tighter for everyone with the costs rising to travel. All I ever received was a tote bag with their agency name on it but I was happy with that.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011