Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:04 PM
First Mate

Default What are the best places to eat on the Carnival Liberty

hey guys going to be on the beautiful Carnival liberty in 4 days!! can anybody tell me the best places to eat onboard??? thanx

"Cruises will create some of the best memories of your life"
Future Cruises-
Coral Princess
Past Cruises-
Carnival Liberty Spring Break 2008
Carnival Legend October 2007
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Passenger

We just got back from the Liberty a week ago. Beautiful ship, we loved it. As far as the best places to eat. We ate in the formal dining room each evening. Had a window table, beautful view, watching the sun set. The food was OK, not the greatest. The steak was kind of dry and the prople at our table that had the lobster said it wasn't very good. The desserts are very awesome. We ate at the buffet for breakfast, which is your typical buffet, my husband really liked the omelets. For lunch we ate at the hamburger stand, great hamburgers, french fries, onion rings, and really good homemade nacho chips. Tried the deli sandwich one day, was OK, not great. 24 hour pizza is super. We never tried Harry's, the formal dining room which has an extra charge per person. Let me know if you have any other questions, that I can answer. Have a great trip!
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Admiral

We cruised the Liberty on her maiden voyage of the Caribbean. I absolutel loved Harry's. The food was excellent, and we had a great time.
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:20 PM
First Mate

I would likewise recommend Harry's. The thirty Dollar extra charge is worth it. You have a selection of freshley prepared entrees and desserts. Make reservations as soon as you embark and plan to spend 1.5 to 2 hrs to enjoy your meal.
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:11 PM
First Mate

ok so harrys is sounding good

i heared somthing about a special fish and chips place on the ship?? dose anybody know anything about that???

Future Cruises-
Coral Princess
Past Cruises-
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:40 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecruises22
ok so harrys is sounding good

i heared somthing about a special fish and chips place on the ship?? dose anybody know anything about that???
Harry's is great and so is the music in Harry's. Say hello to John & Diane for me.

As for the fish & chips, it is upstairs from the great buffet. when you enter the buffet, you will see stairs by the fruit/desert tables. Go up a deck and find the hidden fish & chips.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Admiral

Oh and go to the deli area and have a wonderful reuben. Yummy!
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Passenger

We were on Liberty last summer & found the food very good. The main dining room was very good (Creame Broulle) is to die for. We did do Harry's & we were VERY pleased. Service, food, wine list EVERYTHING was over the top. You must try the fish & chips place. Not your ordinary fare. They have a kind of fish fritter that is very tasty. The buffet is one of the best in the fleet. Just got back from a short 3 day on Fascination & the food just did not live up to what we had on Liberty. Have a great time..Libbygs
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:56 PM
First Mate

thanks for helping me out with the fish and ships place people kept telling me about and i wanted to try it.

dose it cost extra like harrys to eat there cause i no the have some places like exspresso places that cost extra!! thanks

p.s. someone respond quick cuz i'm levin tommrow!!

Future Cruises-
Coral Princess
Past Cruises-
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi have a great time and I hope you stop in and see "Music Boardwalk" Can't wait for your review. Mary49
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNVIKINGSFAN
We just got back from the Liberty a week ago. Beautiful ship, we loved it. As far as the best places to eat. We ate in the formal dining room each evening. Had a window table, beautful view, watching the sun set. The food was OK, not the greatest. The steak was kind of dry and the prople at our table that had the lobster said it wasn't very good. The desserts are very awesome. We ate at the buffet for breakfast, which is your typical buffet, my husband really liked the omelets. For lunch we ate at the hamburger stand, great hamburgers, french fries, onion rings, and really good homemade nacho chips. Tried the deli sandwich one day, was OK, not great. 24 hour pizza is super. We never tried Harry's, the formal dining room which has an extra charge per person. Let me know if you have any other questions, that I can answer. Have a great trip!
How was the entertainment and did you happen to catch "Music Boardwalk". Mary49
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Yes, the fish and chips is on the second level of the Lido restaurant. You can get there by the stairs from Lido or entrance to upper level of the restaurant from Panorama deck 10

You can literally eat your way from the center of the ship on Lido all the way to the back. You have the open air buffet area near the center pool, Grand buffet, Asian and deli, another go at the grand buffet, fish n chips on the upper level, and then all the way to the back for pizza, bugers/dogs/chickem burgers etc, and the 24 hour ice cream machine. There isn't much past the 24-hour ice cream machine but the stern of the ship.....

Food, food, food, and more food!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....