Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Destiny

:evil: Worst cruise I have ever been on! The ports of call were great, but the ship was NOT!

First, we were booked with another family and assured that our rooms would be close, and we would have the same table at dinner. NOT. When we complained, nothing was done about the room, and the best we could do at dinner was get another table near us for the entire cruise.

My 16 year old daughter was identified as a Mrs. during the entire cruise, and when we tried to correct it, was told it didn't matter. She bought her beverage card, and all was ok with that until the last night when a bartender said she couldn't use it because it was an adult card! When we questioned that with the purser, she verfied that my daughter should have received a children's card for $10 less, but could not give us a refund! Strange how no other bartender caught this and that she was sold the wrong card (and no, she does not look like an adult!).

The cabin bathroom was moldy, the phone did not work and the rollaway bed we were promised was nonexistent. My daughter (who is 5'5") slept all week on a 5'3" sofa (NOT sofabed) where her feet hung off the end all week.

People on board were totally obnoxious. To the moron woman who insisted on shooting off confetti cannons, streamers and silly string on the main deck in the wind and then just dropping everything and leaving it for us to clean it up-thanks. You are truly a wonder to the human race. To the hoochie mamas on the ship who don't know how to wear a dress without showing their bare butts out the back-you are a wonder to the fashion world. No wonder you are labeled as cheap as your clothing. To the couple having sex in the whirlpool in the spa at 5PM in front of everyone-way to show how classy you are! To the drunk woman who cussed me out at 1:30 in the morning because she was screaming outside my cabin door (along with her friends), I truly hope you know the wonders of being woken up by a totally inconsiderate b**** and then get cussed out. It is truly your fortune that my cabin phone did not work, because I would have called security on you and then called YOUR cabin repeatedly at 4AM to wake you up! Carnival officers did NOTHING about any of this.

Worst cruise I have ever been on! Would NEVER recommend this cruise to anyone!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I'm sorry you had such a bad time. I took this same cruise March 2 and loved it.

While there were things I didn't like, such as our cabin steward, one obnoxious bar waiter, and I didn't think the ship was very ornately decorated, we did have a great time.

Did you speak with the Purser's desk/cabin steward re: your rollaway bed? Or call about the noise? Or anyone else concerning your complaints? (minus the soda card one).

Did you write a letter to Carnival or do you intend to? I would let them know about your situation so someone is aware and can maybe attempt to correct whatever problem(s) you had.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05