Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Familiar Face

Default Has anyone ever stayed in the suites?

How are they? I'm thinking of staying in one on my first trip.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

On Carnival the suites are really not that impressive. I have not personally stayed in one on Carnival, but I have seen a few of them. Carnival is notorious for thier spacious cabins anyways, a regular balcony stateroom or even oceanview is a good sized room. The suites on Carnival are more like a hotel room, with a great view.

On NCL we had a penthouse....that was amazing. Flat screen tv that swiveled in the living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and master bath had a one way window so you could have an oceanview while you are showering, very nice. Also had a butler and concierge (sp?), and a whole lot of extras, just worth the extra bucks.

I would personally save the money and stay in a regular room, the only other bonus you get is early check in and some extras like dining preferences and shore excrusion bookings.

Read and post cruise reviews

Booked :razz:
NCL Sun - November 2011
Disney Dream - December 2012 *Honeymoon*

Cruised
Monarch OTS - June 2010
Carnival Triumph - January 2010
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Inspiration - July 2006
NCL Star - April 2003
Carnival Sensation - April 1998
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

Unless you plan on staying in your cabin and entertaining, I would pass. Sure they're nice because they have a full bath, extra closets, bar, sitting area king size bed, more dresser space and a private hallway but for the price of the suite per person, I would go for a balcony instead. I'm going on my 5th cruise this May but had the chance to go in the suite on Triumph because the couple we were traveling with had booked one. They booked it because one of the couple likes to have a lot of quiet down time. For our next cruise minus that person, it's a balcony and we're thrilled. Large enough to relax in but other than changing and sleeping I don't plan on spending much time there...by the way, I think the regular cabin bathrooms actually have more turnaround space than the suites... hope this helps.

Old March 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Wer had a suite on the Conquest in in February. We had a Cat 11 and it was quite spacious. We weren't crawling all over each other because there was more than enough space to store everything and the bathrooms was big enough for all three of us to be in at the same time. The balcony is longer, and that was awesome!!!

Carnival's Cat 11 ad Cat 12 suites aren't as big as some other lines, but really who needs a suite that is 1000+ square feet when you might spend around 2-4 hours of the day plus sleeping time in your cabin.

If you want to spend less than a balcony cabin is perfect for two people. There is enough storage for clothes and such, but the bathroom is smaller and the balcony is, naturally, smaller, but still comfortable. I like the suites, I would go with them everytime, but I don't have that kind of money to spend for each cruise, especially since I cruise solo most of the time...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Nice big room. Had a cat 12 on the Pride. no perks to suites but you get vip boarding. Have a cat 11 coming up on the Conquest in June. You will love the room...
2006 Carnival Pride / Mexican Riviera
2008 Carnival Conquest / Western Caribbean
2009 Sapphire Princess / Mexican Riv

Need some cruise help?
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Familiar Face

What is this cat11 and cat12 thing? I'm confused (again!)
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Go our http://www.cruisedeckplans.com and you can see each one for each ship real pictures, deck plans and sizes.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011