Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2008, 05:18 PM
Passenger

Default My 1st Cruise

I can't tell you how excited I am!!!
My Husband has given me this cruise for our 25th wedding Anniversary.
He surprised me with it on Easter Morning... I can't wait...
OK what do you wear getting on the ship? I have been reading about the capitan's dinner and such. Also Ladies how about shoes what kind??
We go in 31 days yeahhh
thanks
Belladoll
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

I am happy for you.
Watch out though-----you will be hooked!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old March 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Wow!! what a wonderful gift. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. First day just wear what you plan to wear for the day. Casual is the word!! Havwe fun.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM
First Mate

WOW!!

Your Husband must really be something special! Oh yes, I keep forgetting, I'm your Husband!

I'll see you on the pier in 31 days, and of course all through the house for the next month too.

Love Me......

Old March 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotoJuku
WOW!!

Your Husband must really be something special! Oh yes, I keep forgetting, I'm your Husband!

I'll see you on the pier in 31 days, and of course all through the house for the next month too.

Love Me......
What a great thing to do. Have fun!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old March 31st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Admiral

What a wonderful treat! Regarding attire for when you board, plan on something comfortable -- sun dress, capris, even shorts, and sandals. You will have your picture taken before you even get on the ship. This is a souvenir photo, with the date of your cruise, name of the ship, and possibly the ports. I always like this particular picture, because the escitement is so evident!

Regarding shoes, I always take waaaay too many, but some people can made do with a pair of comfortable walking shoes (shore excursions), beach/pool shoes, and then a pair for evenings.

Congratulations, again. Tell us which ship you are sailing on and when you are sailing! Ask all those questions (that I know you have!) This is one of those websites where all share in your excitement!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

WOW!!! What a great suprise. Enjoy your cruise and then let us know how much fun you have.

Old March 31st, 2008, 10:50 PM
Passenger

Default thank you all

Hi Everyone

I am so excited all I do is talk about it like crazy... Our kids are so excited too..... We go places but this is one of my DREAMS to have done that my husband is doing this for me is no surprise because he does things like this all the time ... It is just wondering what dream he will fullfill.

I hope all my life to go on a CRUISE so we set sail on the Inspiration May 1st which just happens to be OUR 25th Wedding Anniversary ...

Again thank you all for your excitment ......... for us.........
Please give me any and all info I need... Like what shows is a must and where to eat...... and such.......

Oh yeah we will also go snorkling......... too.........
thanks
belladoll
Old March 31st, 2008, 11:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

We went on the Inspiration back in July 2006 for our honeymoon. We loved the ship, she is definatly a Carnival classic. You have to do the late night comedian, sometimes they are hit or miss, but either way they are funny if you like adult humor. Also, don't miss out on the captains cocktail party, not only do you get to shake hands with "the man" you also get free drinks!!!

Have fun planning and getting ready!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Booked :razz:
NCL Sun - November 2011
Disney Dream - December 2012 *Honeymoon*

Cruised
Monarch OTS - June 2010
Carnival Triumph - January 2010
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Inspiration - July 2006
NCL Star - April 2003
Carnival Sensation - April 1998
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Everyone let me start by saying thanks for all the help . Keep the info coming I am just loving it .........

also what is for sure to pack?????????

thanks ME
Old April 3rd, 2008, 01:55 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

Woo hoo for you.... We did a girls trip last May 3rd on the Inspiration and I loved every minute of it. I wish we were repeating the trip this year but we'll be on Liberty instead and our group has doubled. What ports are you going to? If Cozumel is one and you want a romantic beach break, find the one that goes to Passion Island. Otherwise, if you're snorkeling, do the ultimate snorkeling and say hello to the barracuda for me. Cozumel has a nice mall area too but beware of the vanilla, make sure it's 100% pure vanilla and not imitation...

This is a fun cruise, so pack casual, nice bermuda shorts and tops, sundresses, if you're more comfortable in a cocktail dress than a gown, take the cocktail dress, you will practically live in your swimsuit so get a nice cover-up and be sure to take a cute pair of rubber sandals that you can get at NY&Company or someplace like that. Don't forget to take a lightweight sweater or sweatshirt. The inside of the ship can get chilly. As for shoes, beware of wearing new shoes and take shoes that you know you are comfortable in. Don't forget your sunscreen - much cheaper here than there... Take a hat, take extra sunglasses in case you lose a pair. Save Carlos & Charlies for about an hour or so before you get back on the ship.

Most important, DON'T be late getting back on board. Always plan on getting back on board a half hour before they say to be back on board.

Depending how much alcohol you drink or how many photos you purchase, prepare for your sign and sail. You can buy prepaid soda cards once you board which are a great deal.

I wish I was sailing with you!

Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
First Mate

WOW Theresa

Thank you so much for all the info ... I get more excited every day ...
Yes we are going to cozumel and yes snorkling for 4 hours and doing the beach party. I forgot all about a hat. shoes I am on it so a bathing suit and good coverup I am on that one today.

Is jean shorts aloud or not?

on another note how do you get your picture there ? It will not let me download one.

thanks susan

Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Passenger

Congrads on your 25th anniversary, I hope I can live with mine that long(joke) I'm going on my first cruise in June with my husband and 2 kids(ages 16 & 5) we booked our cruise about 6 months ago and I'm beyond excited. It is all I can think about all day long. A week of no cooking and cleaning up after 3 Boys, no driving them from here to there like a taxi. I don't drink but I have a feeling this might be a first for me.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/vie...highlight=pack

This thread has some great ideas for packing.

I am so excited for you-what a nice gift! You are going to have so much fun.

I always pack too much...but I hope this thread helps. You can also search this board and find tons of other suggestions as well.

*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Admiral

I would like to be surprised with a cruise myself.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:03 AM
First Mate

you can wear jean shorts for your excursions but why don't you try some of the new bermuda shorts by Lee or NY&Co... you can dress them up and down and possibly get away with them at dinner with a dressy top and heels! Have fun! pm me for a coupon from NY&Co I just received or if you have any other questions......

Old April 5th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecouple
Woo hoo for you.... We did a girls trip last May 3rd on the Inspiration and I loved every minute of it.
Theresa:

I'm so glad to hear that! I am planning a "girls getaway" trip for me, my sisters, and their daughters and I am seriously considering that trip (the Inspiration out of Tampa to Comuzel with two sea days). It will be three 50-somethings and several 20-somethings. We have a couple of family weddings this summer, so the cruise won't happen until summer 2009, but I am already super excited about it. Thanks for the info!

catperson / kathy
Old April 7th, 2008, 01:00 AM
First Mate

Kathy,

You will have a great time if you do that trip... let me know what the dates are, maybe I'll crash with my daughter...

Theresa