Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Atlantis excursion

Does anyone know how easy it is to get a water taxi from Atlantis to the port? How much is it?
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Check out this site, it will give you all the info you need.

http://www.bahamasgo.com/watertaxi.htm

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
First Mate

If you get the Atlantis shore excursion from Carnival, it includes a pass for the water taxi to return to the ship. Taxis leave the dock every 30 minutes, and take about 10 minutes or so to reach the ship dock.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Anyone know how much the excursion is per person
Old April 2nd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Admiral

I think it's 39.00 per person, but I could be wrong. That includes transportation to Atlantis, the guided tour through the aquarium, then the water taxi back to the ship. Also, once the guided tour is over you can go back and spend as much time as you want by yourself in the aquarium. We took the quided tour, it moves you along pretty fast, then we just went back on our on and spent another hour or so going back through it. Then we took the water taxi back to the ship. We really enjoyed the aquarium and would recommend it if you want just a relaxing excursion. It's very pretty on Paradise Island and around the aquarium. Enjoy.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3178

Need some cruise help?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanamaw
I think it's 39.00 per person, but I could be wrong. That includes transportation to Atlantis, the guided tour through the aquarium, then the water taxi back to the ship. Also, once the guided tour is over you can go back and spend as much time as you want by yourself in the aquarium. We took the quided tour, it moves you along pretty fast, then we just went back on our on and spent another hour or so going back through it. Then we took the water taxi back to the ship. We really enjoyed the aquarium and would recommend it if you want just a relaxing excursion. It's very pretty on Paradise Island and around the aquarium. Enjoy.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3178
How much is it for the 5 hour day that includes use of all their water facilities?
Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Captain

We were there in January 2008 as well as September 2007. In 2007 you could rent a day room for $200 and four people would have complete access to all the activities. Sometime between Sept and January it changed, when we arrived we found out that the day rooms are no longer offered. If I recall correctly it was $109 per person to enjoy the waterslides, etc for the day. We had done the aquarium on other visits so we opted for skipping Atlantis completely and went to the beach next door which was equally wonderfully and we spent many hours playing in the waves. Atlantis is nice but the waterpark is comparable to Disney's waterpark and at Disney it's only $45 per day. I choose wisely where I spend my money and to me, the second time around it just wasn't worth the $109 per person.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
First Mate

When we were there several weeks ago, Carnival's Atlantis Aquaventure tour was $149 each. Supposedly the cheapest way to do it (assuming more then 2 people) is to get a room at the Comfort Suites next door, which includes all water park privileges, for around $300 a day. The ship's tour included a voucher for lunch and the return ferry.